***Official Temple vs UNT Game Discussion***

GMG_Dallas

Big win!  I never saw that scoreline coming.  Thought this would be more of a toss up and we dismantled them.  This offense isn’t perfect but it seems to be getting better every week…and it’s already pretty stinking good.  We got more quick bubble screens called and overall seemed to be more ready to get the ball out fast.  That team was nowhere near as effective getting to the QB as Navy, but still thought it looked like we were better prepared to handle it.  Next week will be a great test.  Not sure our defense is up to it, but today they weren’t completely inept.  So that was nice, too.

• Upvote 5

Nice win. The defense is still a work in progress, but did get better every week strictly looking at points allowed. That streak most likely ends in New Orleans next week, but with how the season has gone for other teams in the conference, the last six games aren't as daunting as they were in the beginning. Tulane and SMU are the only games I'm not going to get my hopes up for a chance to win, though SMU's always good for a November collapse.

I think @ Tulsa and vs. UAB can be wins. But where can that sixth win come from between Tulane, Memphis, UTSA, and SMU?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

Nice win. The defense is still a work in progress, but did get better every week strictly looking at points allowed. That streak most likely ends in New Orleans next week, but with how the season has gone for other teams in the conference, the last six games aren't as daunting as they were in the beginning. Tulane and SMU are the only games I'm not going to get my hopes up for a chance to win, though SMU's always good for a November collapse.

I think @ Tulsa and vs. UAB can be wins. But where can that sixth win come from between Tulane, Memphis, UTSA, and SMU?

UTSA is looking pretty vulnerable.  If our defense keeps improving then I see a very possible win

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, meaniegreenie said:

Many fans were rightfully concerned about being outside while Apollo and Artemis were doing battle in the sky over DATCU.  Of course, there were a few brave fans that recognized the danger but knew how to prepare appropriately.

eclipseman.jpg

Saw this guy leaving the stadium. Seemed like a good dude.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Beautiful day for college football. I have no problem with the 11a start.  It was my first and it was an awesome day, great weather, great activities around the game and a Mean Green win.  I got to meet up with some college buddies, spend the afternoon with one of my boys and met @Hunter Green  

I don’t get people not showing up for the game. The student turnout was inexcusable. There is nothing better than a beautiful day of Mean Green football. 

Regarding the game, this is what the doctor ordered for this team. It was great to see them having a good time after their frustrations early in this season. This offense is fun to watch. Maclin is a beast and Rogers is so calm and throws a beautiful ball. The RB room is loaded. There are a few frustrations but today isn’t the day to dwell on that. This defense tries so hard, but there are too many players playing out of position and undersized. Getting the right players for the system is paramount to its improvement. 
Let’s go compete with Tulane and see if we can pull out a win and go from there. 

God bless you UNT Lifer.  You are a great fan. Good write up  as always.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, 3_n_out said:

Absolutely! As I’ve said before…credit where credit is due. No matter what kind of team we play, the job still needs to get done…and by gosh, they did it!
Now, do something similar next week!

I still believe we need to blitz more. That’s gonna be my sticking point…since i’ve lost the will to fight against the 3-man front. 

Never lose the will to fight against the 3-man front with this current roster.   

If we happen to sign 3 6’4” 320lb guys with mobility…then let it rest 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2

11 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Thanks. You are too kind.  I just don’t get it. I love going to the games and look forward to every season. It takes some planning to drive in from west Texas, so I don’t get those that complain about having to get up early and drive across the Metroplex. Come on folks, this is your university.

I was walking back to the car thinking we used to blame the university for going cheap on everything and now we have a great stadium, super concessions, ever improving facilities, good game day activities, tailgating, pregame concerts, etc.  We can’t blame them anymore.  Are they perfect?  Nope, but point out who is. They are putting forth the effort and it is time we stepped up and supported this program like it deserves.  Do what you can, tickets, MGSF at a level that works for you. We have strength in numbers.  Let’s take advantage of that. 

Agree.  It seemed like they could mess up even the simplest thing with it sometimes appearing that they simply performed the most minimal effort.  Several things they've done this year have been a significant improvement and often done pretty well.  The drone show was nice.  Today, I think they did a good job integrating the eclipse into the game presentation, including the sunglasses and the various video presentations (live image, countdown, etc.).

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, THOR said:

yes, but this band and drumline are not good.  bad hire of a high school director to run the band.  drumline is the worst its been in decades.  they need to get rid of the announcement of the ¨best band in the land and the best drumline in college football¨....that is not true and not even close

I thought I was the only one who thought this since no one else seems to be mentioning it. Playing the song that's supposed to intimidate and pressure their team on 3rd down when they get 1st down, playing well after the visiting team snaps, just a general laziness and unorganized atmosphere. It's like they've never been to a football game and don't know the common things you're supposed to do and when. Is it just me or are others feeling the same?

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

Great experience yesterday.  My wife and I arrived pretty early and hung out in the Alumni Pavilion for awhile since it was still really chilly with that wind at 9am. By game time it warmed nicely, so yeah the turnout wasn't the best.

I generally only come back to DFW once a year give or take, so it was great to see a big win like that.  Offense was running like a well oiled machine through most of the game and the defense was turning Temple over right and left.  The eclipse was an extra treat.  Got to see some people I hadn't in awhile.  About the only thing that went poorly for me is the tops of my legs got sunburned, but that was my own damn fault for wearing shorts.

• Upvote 5

17 hours ago, Green Crazy said:

I'm not going to talk bad about the defense, but I'm not giving them credit either.  That was one of the worse quarterbacks I've seen play college ball.  I give them more credit for last week's game. I'll take the win though....might be the last one we see for a long time.

You didn't see Texas Tech's freshman QB then. 😬

Or maybe you also missed our first couple of games....

Edited by BigWillie
  • Upvote 1