Game Thread: 9/16 @ LA Tech

Matt from A700

I wasn't expecting a win, but I was hoping I would see something positive, and I did.  The offense is starting to have more consistency, and the kicking game looks very solid.  On defense side of the ball that tackling looked slightly better, but overall the defense still looked bad especially late. 

La Tech did not look very prepared for this game in the 1st quarter, did sort of feel like a trap game, but I think Morris used that and went after them early.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Hookset said:

Earle has a more accurate deep ball. Rogers is better short and intermediate. Also has better pocket presence.

Exactly. And a smart runner too. 

10 hours ago, rcade said:

I think it would have worked without the fumble. But I don't like the aggressiveness there because UNT was finding open field on almost every play. Move the ball and eat the clock.

It was such a bad call. If you had to point to one play that led to almost losing the game, it was that shit call. 

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

12 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

Sorry to interfere with your bottom barrel expectations.  I enjoy any win vs a FBS opponent.  But come on dude a gif coming for someone not thrilled to be 1-2 winning a close despite horrible defense and a horrible unnecessary trick play is so Old Denton. 

What if I told you, a fan can enjoy a win AND not dwell on expectations?

the impossible just became possible, sir.

zombo.com

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

4 minutes ago, greenminer said:

What if I told you, a fan can enjoy a win AND not dwell on expectations?

the impossible just became possible, sir.

zombo.com

What if told you can actually scroll past comments hashing your mellow or you could be in another space to “enjoy” the win.  And taking time out to find a gif to express your displeasure with a comment takes away from your “enjoyment” 😂

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

5 hours ago, outoftown said:

Its hard to learn how to win games. That said: what would the score have been with a referee crew that wasn't looking to keep tech in the game? I don't think it would have been close.

5 hours ago, outoftown said:

Officiating was very questionable. Several bad no calls/calls went against us i.e. missed interference call in first quarter.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Old Eagle said:

Officiating was very questionable. Several bad no calls/calls went against us i.e. missed interference call in first quarter.

Our poor tackling didn't help, but the Refs missed a lot of holding calls by La Tech on their long runs.   Was this a CUSA crew?  They reffed like it!

2 hours ago, Venson said:

It was a PI. I was at the game and that official who should have called the PI seemed like he was getting paid by LT or he was salty that we were no longer in CUSA. He made several bad calls last night.

That ref stared to reach for the flag, but you could tell he realized he was told not to. 

• Pissed 1

Matt doing his part. All fans need to do what we can. For this game, I:

• Changed which flag I flew on game day. North Texas with SOW, green with white lettering
  • Replace my lime green Road ID band with a Go Mean Green rubber wrist band that includes my Road ID plate
  • Simulated high fiving Mean Joe Greene statue on my Saturday morning run
  • Meditation mantra: just on the inhale, win on the exhale.
  • Wore my only pair of green boxer shorts. They didn't work last year, but 1-0 this year.
  • Wore a green NT shirt and a green NT baseball cap. No black, no gray, just green and white.
  • Ate my traditional pre-game pickle on the way to East Side, listening to the pre-game show
  • Drank my traditional pre-game Scotch before getting into the food truck park. Ardbeg An Oa. Green bottle.
  • Went to East Side to watch the entire game. Connected with long time friends and fans.
  • Admired green jerseys
  • Ate some Tomato pizza during the game,  but removed the green (bell) peppers

GMG

Edited by untcampbell
  • Lovely Take 2

29 minutes ago, untcampbell said:

Matt doing his part. All fans need to do what we can. For this game, I:

• Changed which flag I flew on game day. North Texas with SOW, green with white lettering
  • Simulated high fiving Mean Joe Greene statue on my Saturday morning run
  • Meditation mantra: just on the inhale, win on the exhale.
  • Wore my only pair of green boxer shorts. They didn't work last year, but 1-0 this year.
  • Wore a green NT shirt and a green NT baseball cap. No black, no gray, just green and white.
  • Ate my traditional pre-game pickle on the way to East Side, listening to the pre-game show
  • Drank my traditional pre-game Scotch before getting into the food truck park. Ardbeg An Oa. Green bottle.
  • Went to East Side to watch the entire game. Connected with long time friends and fans.
  • Admired green jerseys
  • Ate some Tomato pizza during the game,  but removed the green (bell) peppers

GMG

I too opted for green underpants. In the past, they've been hit-or-miss.

• Upvote 1

As a nosy fan combing X/Twitter I'm trying to understand this Tweet from Ridge Texada's dad.

His dad had a huge ring on at the game.  Not sure if he coaches somewhere where he won something? He played at La Tech, but I don't think he was on any teams back then that won anything to get the huge ring. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

As a nosy fan combing X/Twitter I'm trying to understand this Tweet from Ridge Texada's dad.

When u can’t get open, you resort to fighting all night even tho your OC has no intention of throwing u the ball.

Initial thought: When he says "When you can't get open", he's speaking about the WR that Ridge is covering.

• Upvote 3