ACC officially invites Cal, Stanford and SMU

Cougar King

Just now, Cougar King said:

Sir, there is a coalition of 8 schools trying to leave a conference you joined for free.

Is that the coalition of the willing?

Some complain about having a coach that might get poached. But it beats having a coach no other team would take.

Same here.  Potential issues in the future beats being in a conference with only schools nobody wants to poach. (AAC/B12)

InShot_20230816_203756792.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 2

5 minutes ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

Congrats SMU. Now for UNT, we really need the AAC to add Washington and Oregon State to keep us competitive for the 5th playoff spot every year. That will be the next domino to fall. We can certainly beat MWC with more money. 

Then let’s add SDSU, UNLV, and a Colorado team.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

"SMU is expected to come in for nine years with no broadcast media revenue"

yikes 

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/38304694/sources-acc-votes-invite-stanford-cal-smu

Dellenger is reporting we'll still get tournament money, in which case we'd be making $5-$10 per year. It may still actually be a raise over our AAC money to take zero media money.

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1695875951911989374?t=W3oP-fCgtO9VZttFTivXJw&s=19

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

19 minutes ago, DentonStang said:

Dellenger is reporting we'll still get tournament money, in which case we'd be making $5-$10 per year. It may still actually be a raise over our AAC money to take zero media money.

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1695875951911989374?t=W3oP-fCgtO9VZttFTivXJw&s=19

I'm moreso pointing out the desperation to feel included. I keep seeing smu fans say you do anything to not be left behind but at some point you have to step outside your circle and see how sad the situation is. Taking less for a few years to move up is understandable. Taking nothing for nearly a decade is laughable. It effectively shows the world you have no value and you know it. I don't need to pay for friends so maybe that's why I don't understand. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, RiseUNT said:

In a world where the AAC is raiding the MWC (and hopefully that is this world), I'm not sure why I see so many advocating for UNLV. They're no longer the basketball school they were in the 80s or even the late 00's, early '10s. They've had 1 winning football season in the last 22 years, and it's the year we beat them in the Heart of Dallas bowl.

Hard pass from me.

Edited by ColoradoEagle
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ColoradoEagle said:

In a world where the AAC is raiding the MWC (and hopefully that is this world), I'm not sure why I see so many advocating for UNLV. They're no longer the basketball school they were in the 80s or even the late 00's, early '10s. They've had 1 winning football season in the last 22 years, and it's the year we beat them in the Heart of Dallas bowl.

Hard pass from me.

Location - You give your fan a destination location

4 minutes ago, ColoradoEagle said:

Hard pass from me.

It’s mainly for the LV in UNLV.

2 hours ago, RiseUNT said:

Can't. The AAC has to land OrSt and Wazzou first and foremost. Then, the AAC can look to add the top 2 or 3 MWC schools in 2024, for a 2025 addition. If we don't land them, MWC will. And MWC will come after 2 or 3 top AAC schools. 

It's imperative that the AAC gets them to join this conference. 

• Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Location - You give your fan a destination location

I'd much rather snag Boise, SDSU, CoSt, and AF. Maybe UNLV falls into the 5th to take, perhaps. I don't believe the AAC will take that many, however. It will probably be 3, to get to 18. If Aresoco wants to get to 20, then UNLV is probably a lock.