BREAKING

https://x.com/os_beaver/status/1691612263822803053?s=46&t=NF302_aIOAI3ysJWw9mToQ
Β 

πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ’ˆBREAKING: Pacific American deal may be done in principal. Hard ball dealings at end. American will dissolve to pay NO exit fees, and 11 AAC teams will receive invites to the PAC. UNT, UAB, UTSA, Rice and FAU will receive lower shares to pay for SDSU, CSU & Boise for a 2025 start.πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

56 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

https://x.com/os_beaver/status/1691612263822803053?s=46&t=NF302_aIOAI3ysJWw9mToQ
Β 

πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ’ˆBREAKING: Pacific American deal may be done in principal. Hard ball dealings at end. American will dissolve to pay NO exit fees, and 11 AAC teams will receive invites to the PAC. UNT, UAB, UTSA, Rice and FAU will receive lower shares to pay for SDSU, CSU & Boise for a 2025 start.πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NorthTexan95 said:

He thinks three MWC teams will pay $34M each to join?Β  Really?Β 

I do like the conference, though.Β 

If they start in 2025 the fee will not be $34 million.Β 

This leaves out Wichita State (basketball only), Tulsa (the smallest school in FBS), Charlotte (barely made cut to get in AAC), and Navy (football only).Β 

I like the conference as well.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Β 

Thats-fake-news GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Upvote 1

I doubt there is much to this. The story of this account is always interesting, but it changes everyday. Eventually it will be right, because if you spray the board with darts, eventually you hit the bullseye. I doubt this one is the even the bull though. For example, I doubt the north California schools really want Boise over some of the other MWC options.

But just for fun lets entertain this for a moment: I don't have much empathy for Tulsa, (they have a huge endowment and do nothing with it, neither athletically nor academically), but I would really feel for Charlotte in this deal. I guess navy wouldn't care too much and go back to independence. Also I would assume that those three schools would sue the crap out of this conference. Whether or not that would succeed, that shadow would remain over the conference for a while. Also, that'd be a LOT of westward travel for UNT. Nothing short distance like the last few years. And you probably wouldn't even be guaranteed to play SMU every year. But at least the names coming into Denton would be recognizable.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 2