Anyone else coming to the Hub Club tonight?

Dannymacfan

Should be fun!

Please join us at the Mean Green Kickoff tonight at 5:30pm at DATCU Stadium in the HUB Club. Don't miss your chance to hear from our new Head Football coach, Eric Morris, as he begins his first season here at UNT. We hope to see you all there!

Today also marks 3 weeks until we kick off our season against the Cal Golden Bears at DATCU Stadium at 3 pm. If you haven't already, get your tickets today!

To purchase your tickets today, click the button below, call the UNT Athletics Ticket Office during normal business hours at 940-565-2527, or email ticketoffice@unt.edu .

We look forward to seeing you on September 2nd!

• Upvote 6

I can't be there. But could someone come up to Coach Morris during the "milling around and meeting the fans" portion of the evening and ask him if he knows where we got our unique nickname?  I did that to our previous coach and he proudly proclaimed "Joe Greene". 

I had to have a little more conversation with him than I thought I would have had otherwise. 

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

I can't be there. But could someone come up to Coach Morris during the "milling around and meeting the fans" portion of the evening and ask him if he knows where we got our unique nickname?  I did that to our previous coach and he proudly proclaimed "Joe Greene". 

I had to have a little more conversation with him than I thought I would have had otherwise. 

I thought it has been established that the nickname came independent of Joe Greene?

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Moobs said:

Eric got up on stage carrying a Coors Light. 

I’ve met him twice now, and both times he had a drink in his hand. I love it! 

They have got to get him in front of students, "lost alumni", local community, etc.  I'm sure they're doing that.  He gets you fired up.  So much better than coach mumbles.

• Upvote 3