What time is the scrimmage Saturday?

MeanGreen_MBA

4 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

Are we sure? They kept saying they won’t name a starter till after this saturdays scrimmage… maybe it’s just not public

I will take the blame as I posted in another thread that Morris would name his quarterback after Saturday's practice giving the starter two weeks to prep for Cal.  The 19th would be two weeks out.  My apologies for the confusion.

• Upvote 3

On 8/10/2023 at 10:49 AM, TheReal_jayD said:

@UNTLifer @bstnsportsfan3 @cousin oliver @MeanGreen_MBA @Cerebus

UPDATE: There is a scrimmage. It is not opened up to the public or media. 

Well, then I assume that it will take place sometime around mid-morning at the IPF.  Otherwise, if it was at the stadium, they would have to start at daybreak.  

If the current weather system stays in place until Sept 2nd, we are going to be in a world of hurt. With it starting @ 3 PM, they are going to have to give away straw hats and specialty cooling towels instead of those cotton promotional towels they've given away for decades.

Either that, or they need to suspend their umbrella ban just for this one game. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Well, then I assume that it will take place sometime around mid-morning at the IPF.  Otherwise, if it was at the stadium, they would have to start at daybreak.  

If the current weather system stays in place until Sept 2nd, we are going to be in a world of hurt. With it starting @ 3 PM, they are going to have to give away straw hats and specialty cooling towels instead of those cotton promotional towels they've given away for decades.

Either that, or they need to suspend their umbrella ban just for this one game. 

I strongly encourage you to buy this Nike Dri-FIT bucket hat from Academy. I used it a few weeks ago filming an outdoor spot for Oklahoma Joe's Smokers in 107 degree heat. It's a game changer. Toss a little water in that bad boy and you're good to go. 

53 minutes ago, C Rod said:

I strongly encourage you to buy this Nike Dri-FIT bucket hat from Academy. I used it a few weeks ago filming an outdoor spot for Oklahoma Joe's Smokers in 107 degree heat. It's a game changer. Toss a little water in that bad boy and you're good to go. 

We need a logoed version.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Absolutely. But I've been very disappointed with other "logoed" products. They had some straw wide-brimmed hats at the stadium store, but the logo was so small, you had to be standing 3 feet away before you could tell that there was a NT logo on it.   When it comes to logos, they need to be bold, large and simple.  The SOW, NORTH TEXAS, and the alumni's NT star should be the main logos for hats and shirts.  And if I had to choose between those three, it would be the NT-Star. But no one in the alumni association is interested in pushing it. I have yet to find where you can buy a cap with the NT-star on it.....and I'm a life-time member.

Sorry for the rant. C-Rod, I have a couple of Boonie-type hats and the most practical premium that the alumni ever gave out.....a specialty cooling towel with the NT-star on it. The "we" I was referring to was the overall fan base who shows up for games. If the weather is as bad as I fear on 9-2, then we will have a brunch of one-and-done casual fans........of which there's already too many.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

There was a logoed Nike Bucket Hat 2-3 seasons ago in the bookstore at the Union.  I looked for it again before the 2022 season and couldn't find it at the Bookstore or Online at any of the gear websites.  As you might imagine, almost all other P5s and many G5s still seem to have one in production by Nike.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, NT80 said:

What time was the scrimmage today?     

Any news from it?

The team was selfless, tough, disciplined and gave tremendous effort. JD was driving around the practice field with binoculars to get the GMG.COM scoop for all of us. So they decided to move the scrimmage inside and blackout our media coverage. 

On a serious note, I hope Morris gives an update to the people that attend the event tonight. So far I haven't seen anything on Twitter from the usual media folks.

Edited by jtm0097
  • Upvote 4