Breaking News: Austin Peay WR James Burns Commits to North Texas (GMG Interview)

There’s been discussion on here about which direction to focus recruiting on in the Wild West of transfers. Even though it’s tough to lose players to other schools I think you still have to mostly focus on high school kids. Seems like at least you have a chance to keep them. No chance in keeping someone who never spent time on campus. 

I’m all for player movement but there needs to be some limitations. But like i’ve said before, the NCAA has been basically neutered when it comes to football. And good luck getting all these conferences to agree on a set of rules. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, meanrob said:

There’s been discussion on here about which direction to focus recruiting on in the Wild West of transfers. Even though it’s tough to lose players to other schools I think you still have to mostly focus on high school kids. Seems like at least you have a chance to keep them. No chance in keeping someone who never spent time on campus. 

I’m all for player movement but there needs to be some limitations. But like i’ve said before, the NCAA has been basically neutered when it comes to football. And good luck getting all these conferences to agree on a set of rules. 

There are now windows built into the portal. But this kid is a grad transfer. They can leave at any time. 

• Upvote 1

Maybe I’m missing something but this doesn’t move the needle much in either direction.   He is a one year grad transfer who had two receptions over two years at Miami-Ohio and had a modicum of success last year at Austin Peay.  Buy some warm clothes with your NIL money and enjoy the cold weather young man.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

The NCAA let this crap get out of hand.  I'm really down on college football right now.  No loyalty whatsoever!  Get rid of some employee "just because" there is someone that may be better and see what happens to your company.  College football is going to the dark side and down the toilet.

I hear you Deep.  It’s going to end up killing the game we love.

• Upvote 4

• 2 months later...