Fire the next coach

casual fan

43 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Why are people happy with being 500.  It not just the 500 that bothers most of us it the blow outs in the OCC game and championship game.

We are leaving CUSA and the road is going to get a lot tougher for us. 

The way I see it, we saved Seth from leaving here with a losing record.  No one believes he stood a chance in the bowl game, as his record has shown.  And if we kept him around that long, he would have left here with a losing record.  We did him a favor since he doesn't have to put a losing record on his CV.

Edited by Moobs
  • Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1

2 minutes ago, Moobs said:

The way I see it, we saved Seth from leaving here with a losing record.  No one believes he stood a chance in the bowl game, as his record has shown.  And if we kept him around that long, he would have left here with a losing record.  We did him a favor since he doesn't have a losing record as a head coach.

So when DD was fired we got money for the practice fields to be renamed. Maybe one of the boosters steps up for Seth? 

• Haha 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

So when DD was fired we got money for the practice fields to be renamed. Maybe one of the boosters steps up for Seth? 

I read Mattress Mack made a ton of money betting on the Astros this year. Maybe he will throw some our way. 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Moobs said:

The way I see it, we saved Seth from leaving here with a losing record.  No one believes he stood a chance in the bowl game, as his record has shown.  And if we kept him around that long, he would have left here with a losing record.  We did him a favor since he doesn't have a losing record as a head coach.

Good point.  Having a 500 record is an accomplishment judging by the past 44 years.

A little perspective, a sense of ironic humor, and some booze helps.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

32 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

NT got money from Mattress man despite DD getting fired.  He had already announced his donation before DD basically fired himself, and only made good on his promise after NT promised to name a practice field after Dickey. 

A way to save face I guess and still stick it to NT a little.  

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, southsideguy said:

Why are people happy with being 500.  It not just the 500 that bothers most of us it the blow outs in the OCC game and championship game.

We are leaving CUSA and the road is going to get a lot tougher for us. 

I’m not going to say I’d be happy at .500, but if we were competing for conference titles and NOT getting blown out 3-4 times a year I could sure be more accepting of it.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, casual fan said:

UNT needs to fire the next coach.  They need to get out ahead this approaching coaching fiasco.

Everyone knows that the coach who replaces him will be the answer to our dreams.  

GO MEAN GREEN

Agreed. He hasn’t won a single meaningful game for us yet! NOT ONE DAMN BOWL GAME OR CHAMPIONSHIP!! Let that sink in. We fired Seth for exactly the same reason. Time for a change. Don’t even have to pay for a buyout if we shitcan him before he is hired.

excited genius GIF

(this kind of reminds me of the old TY Sports days) @Quoner  @TheTastyGreek

Edited by 97and03
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

Joking aside, I always think about this when we do have a coaching change.

The new guy arrives with his beaming and proud family and there are hugs for all.  We have speeches about how Coach X is the right man for the job and how they are going to turn this ship around. Except they don't. And the cycle repeats.

While I am still vertical, I really do hope the next man is the one.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, letsgiveacheer said:

Joking aside, I always think about this when we do have a coaching change.

The new guy arrives with his beaming and proud family and there are hugs for all.  We have speeches about how Coach X is the right man for the job and how they are going to turn this ship around. Except they don't. And the cycle repeats.

While I am still vertical, I really do hope the next man is the one.

Spot on.  

Either you are a profit, a seer of the future, or you're as old as I am.

This is the Mean Green version of Groundhog Day.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Oh Boy! 1