Was Trieb hurt?

Jonnyeagle

1 hour ago, Glory to the Green said:

We were on the same page. There was little/no pressure, but their receivers never got open. Not sure this recipe will work all season, but it was nice to get the W last night. 

The 3-man rush was pitiful.   He had 3 minutes for each throw.  A duel-threat QB or more accurate QB would have made us toast.

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3

5 hours ago, Jonnyeagle said:

He only had one tackle last night.  Was hoping for more production.

The stat sheet doesn't tell the full story.  Plenty of times, Dion Novil didn't show up much on the stat sheet, but he demanded so much attention it affected the offense regardless.  Trieb likewise seemed to be receiving as much attention as anyone on our D.

• Upvote 5

18 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

The stat sheet doesn't tell the full story.  Plenty of times, Dion Novil didn't show up much on the stat sheet, but he demanded so much attention it affected the offense regardless.  Trieb likewise seemed to be receiving as much attention as anyone on our D.

Yes he was definitely getting double teamed a lot.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, ntexeagle said:

It appeared to me that the right side of their offensive line was already moving about a half a count ahead of the ball being snapped.  I was surprised that it was never called.

Was thinking the same thing. Also looked like one of their DE's lined up offsides multiple times

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, NT80 said:

Because I counted at least 3 UTEP TD passes dropped or called back by penalty = 34-31 in favor of UTEP.

Exactly. We overhype wins and call whatever happened the "winning strategy" but then wonder what happened when we get demolished. We're watching a different game if Tyrin Smith doesn't drop that deep TD to make the game 20-14. Factor in the 3rd and 17 saved by a targeting and things may not have ended the same. This wasn't as pretty as the final score indicates.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Because I counted at least 3 UTEP TD passes dropped or called back by penalty = 34-31 in favor of UTEP.

I just rewatched the game and the only one of those I saw was the one towards the end of the first half.  

18 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Exactly. We overhype wins and call whatever happened the "winning strategy" but then wonder what happened when we get demolished. We're watching a different game if Tyrin Smith doesn't drop that deep TD to make the game 20-14. Factor in the 3rd and 17 saved by a targeting and things may not have ended the same. This wasn't as pretty as the final score indicates.

That would have made the game 14-14

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Your math is off.

You're right, it was 14-10 on that drive where their qb hit Smith in the hands and he dropped it with about 1:30 or less in the first half.  Then they punt to us and we fumble inside our 20, and then held them to a field goal making it 14-13 at the half. In your scenario it would have been 17-14 them at half.  We were both wrong.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Green Crazy said:

I just rewatched the game and the only one of those I saw was the one towards the end of the first half.  

There was a long TD pass caught in the endzone in the second half while being doubled teamed that was called off by a holding penalty.  At least one more but I'm not watching the whole game again to find it...