Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

If Davis & Davis are back, hopefully we'll play a little better.   If no, it's going to look about the exact same as Saturday.

If it's Covid related, and they were not pulled until Friday or Saturday for it, there's no way they're back in that short amount of time. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MeanGreenDan said:

If it's Covid related, and they were not pulled until Friday or Saturday for it, there's no way they're back in that short amount of time. 

I think if it's just "Contact tracing", a week will allow plenty of time if they test negative all week, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Even with the defense at full strength we may very well get mauled in Houston. 

At this point I also wish SL would name a Quarter back and stick with them. It might help the offense in reducing the number of false starts.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

All I can say about y'alls coaching situation is that we have fired head coaches for much less in way shorter time. If UNT wants to compete they need to show that mediocrity isn't good enough.

As far as Saturday's game goes, it will be our first of the season so I expect those first game jitters to be there and that we only win 49-17. 

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3
  • RV 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cougar King said:

All I can say about y'alls coaching situation is that we have fired head coaches for much less in way shorter time. If UNT wants to compete they need to show that mediocrity isn't good enough.

As far as Saturday's game goes, it will be our first of the season so I expect those first game jitters to be there and that we only win 49-17. 

 

That will require the people who have put up millions to put up more millions in a post-covid world and even I can see that is a fruitless endeavor.

He will be back next season, and then he will be an OC elsewhere in 2022 while a new coach at North Texas promises a change in culture.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is a very healthy thing for UNT folks to do.

UH and UNT are very similar schools. I think this is a better rival for UNT than SMU as both Universities have a puzzling history of pointing out that SMU is a private school (seems like a major advantage to me, for those who can afford it). 
 

UH should be a UNT win.

 

UNT 24 - UH 17

  • Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 3
  • Eye Roll 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys I’m afraid this will be ugly . They have everybody back - we are missing 4-5 starters on defense and we can’t even afford one missing starter - the leading tackler was playing fullback the week before - our QBs need to get more seasoning - I think they may score 60 plus and we may not even get 21 pts on the board but I think we will get better over the next few weeks and be very competitive by the end of the year . 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

That will require the people who have put up millions to put up more millions in a post-covid world and even I can see that is a fruitless endeavor.

He will be back next season, and then he will be an OC elsewhere in 2022 while a new coach who runs an entirely different offensive scheme at North Texas promises a change in culture.

FIFY

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.