• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Sign in to follow this  
KRAM1

Looking Better for Texas Tech and Kliff?

With all the Seth to Texas Tech talk, I think it important to note that Tech just beat TCU in Ft Wirth tonight.  Tech outplayed TCU with some pretty interesting offense and defense adjustments. Especially since Tech is missing several starters including their QB and Center.

Frogs not looking so good this year. Wonder what is going on at TCU? Is the “bloom off the rose” or what?  I don’t know as I don’follow TCU. But, was happy to see Tech win for the possible coaching ramifications.

Anyone have any thoughts on what is going on with TCU? Seems like a bad home loss for the Frogs and a big road win for Tech. As I sadly recall...Tech also beat Okie State in Stillwater recently as well.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

49 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Patterson will fix his leak and the TCU ship will get back on 

They will be lucky to have a winning record this year.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

Patterson will fix his leak and the TCU ship will get back on track.

Might take a qb change.  The Robinson kid, while having some flashes, is not a good decision maker.  He's got athleticism and an arm, but not much else.  He's a younger QB so he can improve but he's got to get better with his decision making.

Also, the biggest problem for TCU was turnovers.  Fumbles and INTs galore.

• Upvote 2

Coach bro finally found him a defense.  38th overall.  And if you noticed...TT pinned tcu inside their own 5 at least twice, if not more?  They have the 15th best punt return defense overall.

That played a huge part late in that game.

Rick

I'm not sure Kliff's seat was ever as hot as people liked to pretend. Tech fans still love him and he's one of their own. IMO, it would have taken a disaster to get him ousted.

Coach Bro's Seat was hot last year until he beat Texas and was for sure hot this year until he started beating teams they shouldnt have. This at least buys him another year or two

It's incredible how the oil/gas market can control a coach's hot seat.
If the Tech boosters had the funds, he wouldn't still be there.
He keeps doing juuuuust enough to keep some booster from digging deep to can him.    And maybe now that there appears to be a defense out in Lubbock, he can keep his job a little longer.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, ttunt1970 said:

I think we need to worry about Ok State as Gundy has under performed 

I'd take Gundy if he happened to be fired & Seth hired.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, ttunt1970 said:

I think we need to worry about Ok State as Gundy has under performed 

OSU would be insane to fire Gundy after 1 subpar season. He's had 1 losing season in 13 YEARS, with half of those seasons being 10+ wins

• Upvote 1

Gundy isn't going anywhere until Gundy wants to go at this point. But...let him have a 7-win season this year (or worse) and the boosters (and AD Holder) will begin to stir.  Right now...Gundy is fine.  Boone still likes him. Ha!

• Thanks 1