• Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Cerebus

Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

3 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I'm suffering from Seth Littrell fatigue...

If it lasts longer than 4 quarters, you should see your doctor.  

23 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Gary Patterson would have jumped if the dominoes hadn't fallen just right to let TCU sneak into the BXII.

Oh really? Gary Patterson has been the coach at TCU since 2001. TCU went to the big 12 in 2012.

Four years in CUSA with a ten win and  a 11 win season to show for it.

7 years in the mountain west with 4 eleven win seasons, a 12 win season, and a 13 win season. 

I guess he was waiting for that “just right” big 12 job to come open?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, outoftown said:

Its probably the smaller problem than the "complete freedom" problem is in K-State. But it is still real money that wasn't just lying in a safe. Plus SL has a manager that will make it hurt. Big12 schools could put this money in a safe for these occasions, but at places like K-State it was budgeted elsewhere, I promise. So there is always some shifting around to do when you add a few millions to the payroll of the AD. The more money, the more shifting around and the more brown-nosing donors. When the shifts get too big, you may run into resistance.

I’d like to clear up K-State’s financial picture real quick. We have seperated our Athletic Department from the University. They are one of less than a handful of schools that don’t receive money from the University, infact give money to the University, and the employees of KSA are not State employees. 

We have been ending the year with a $5-19 million overage since 2012. 

In the latest available 990 (2016) we have $78millon in our reserves which were built up knowing we would have to come large when Snyder retired. NONE OF THIS IS DONOR MONEY. It is all from our football tier 1,2&3 rights. 

So if you think we can’t afford Littrell, I’m sorry to disappoint. We have positioned ourselves to be able to swing for the fences for a new coach...twice. We saw what happened down the road at KU and we’re not going to let that happen here. 

• Thanks 6

So your saying there is a chance???

SOURCE: Littrell neither hired or offered

https://247sports.com/college/kansas-state/Article/Seth-Littrell-Kansas-State-coach-North-Texas-Gene-Taylor-125893707/

Contrary to media and social media reports, sources close to Kansas State’s search for a successor to Bill Snyder as football coach insist that no candidate has been offered the job nor is the search nearing a conclusion.

A few members of media have reported Tuesday that North Texas coach Seth Littrell, who is regarded as one of the leading candidates for the position at K-State, has been offered the job or is close to agreeing to terms to accept the job.

“Not true,” the source flatly said. When asked if an offer was imminent the source added, “No.”

Littrell is 23-16 in three years at North Texas. The Mean Green will play Utah State in the New Mexico Bowl on Dec. 15. Utah State will be coached by Matt Wells, who will take over the Texas Tech program after the game.

The former Oklahoma fullback is considered a rising star in the coaching profession and has not hidden a desire to coaching colleagues to land a Power 5 coaching position at a traditional national power, with OU naturally topping his list.

The source was adamant that no choice has been made and that the interview process by Kansas State athletics director Gene Taylor is still taking place.

Taylor is currently in New York City for Tuesday night’s College Football Hall of Fame induction ceremony. It is believed that Taylor is meeting with coaches about the job while at the event, which has become a gathering place for college football coaches. It is believed that Taylor has or will meet privately with Littrell while in NYC.

K-State is seeking a replacement for Snyder, who coached 27 seasons over a 30-year span at K-State. Snyder retired Sunday, December 2 after meeting with his players.

The top candidates for the Kansas State job are believed to be Littrell, Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables, Oregon defensive coordinator Jim Leavitt, North Dakota State coach Chris Klieman and South Carolina offensive line coach Eric Wolford, a former K-State offensive lineman ex-Youngstown State head coach.

K-State is utilizing Ventura Partners, professional search consultants, to assist with the search.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, BlackCats said:

I’d like to clear up K-State’s financial picture real quick. We have seperated our Athletic Department from the University. They are one of less than a handful of schools that don’t receive money from the University, infact give money to the University, and the employees of KSA are not State employees. 

In the latest available 990 (2016) we have $78millon in our reserves which were built up knowing we would have to come large when Snyder retired. NONE OF THIS IS DONOR MONEY. It is all from our football tier 1,2&3 rights. 

So if you think we can’t afford Littrell, I’m sorry to disappoint. We have positioned ourselves to be able to swing for the fences for a new coach...twice. We saw what happened down the road at KU and we’re not going to let that happen here. 

With Kingsbury getting $3m from USC as an OC , Seth should be worth $20m over five years! I am sure Sexton the agent know how much he can get. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, BlackCats said:

...and back to the discussion on this system being a joke....

• Upvote 5

It almost seems like if there are discussions.....KState is coming with some baggage....

Like Littrell is going to have to take the job with some addendums.

"OK Seth we like you...but we want you to take this job and keep this guy...and that guy...and let us tell you how we operate here in Manhattan...we like this guy...and we're gonna need you to this, this and this....because this is what it's all about if you wanna coach here. We've only known ONE way to run a program here...and we're gonna need you to adhere to that. But we will pay you $3 million per year. Sign here __________"

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

I've heard from a reliable source that the players haven't been told anything yet.  Recently confirmed...

LOL.

I wonder who that could be...  

You looking for an internet sports reporter job?  We don't pay, but we also don't give you any swag.  

3 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

I've heard from a reliable source that the players haven't been told anything yet.  Recently confirmed...

Weird....KState backup QBs have already been told...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, BlackCats said:

You guys made out well riding the coat tails of Kansas, Oklahoma, and for a long time Nebraska.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jtm0097 said:

Ben Savallo you are fake news

Seriously, I'm sorry, but we're letting an NTDaily reporter tell us this news? Call me skeptical at the least.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

LOL.

I wonder who that could be...  

You looking for an internet sports reporter job?  We don't pay, but we also don't give you any swag.  

I don't like money and I'm allergic to swag.  Put me in coach.

12 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

You guys made out well riding the coat tails of Kansas, Oklahoma, and for a long time Nebraska.  

THANK YOU !

I was rushing home to point out this very fact.    Kansas State was a one time joke of a football program.    The ONLY difference between NT and K State is the fact that they are currently in a conference with Texas and OU.    If we swap places with K State, everything changes.

So, before you guys get all high and mighty, you might want to send Christmas cards to Texas and OU.  You owe your football budget to them.

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, akriesman said:

THANK YOU !

I was rushing home to point out this very fact.    Kansas State was a one time joke of a football program.    The ONLY difference between NT and K State is the fact that they are currently in a conference with Texas and OU.    If we swap places with K State, everything changes.

Rushed so fast you posted it twice. Rushed so fast you posted it twice. 

• Haha 2