Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

Just pondering the question of Seth’s potential  leaving for a new gig because I have nothing better to do right now....really...nothing better.  So, if he isn’t leaving....why hasn’t he said anything? Well, my “pondering” leads me to the possibility that he (and his new agent) are “testing the waters” to see what Seth’s HC “worth” is right now on the open market. This really is the first time he (and his agent) have been able to do that. No harm there (other than giving fans like me strokes and heart attacks) I guess and a decent business action. This might be setting him up for a nice little raise to stay while getting a decent feel of “worth and interest” for the future. The very near future in my opinion. Should Seth stay, I am thinking it is for one more year before the “right deal” lands in his lap.

OK...pondering over for now.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

57 minutes ago, Jason Howeth said:

Maybe Coaches are telling Snyder to take his F'n kid with him into retirement before accepting any interview or offer

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Just pondering the question of Seth’s potential  leaving for a new gig because I have nothing better to do right now....really...nothing better.  So, if he isn’t leaving....why hasn’t he said anything? Well, my “pondering” leads me to the possibility that he (and his new agent) are “testing the waters” to see what Seth’s HC “worth” is right now on the open market. This really is the first time he (and his agent) have been able to do that. No harm there (other than giving fans like me strokes and heart attacks) I guess and a decent business action. This might be setting him up for a nice little raise to stay while getting a decent feel of “worth and interest” for the future. The very near future in my opinion. Should Seth stay, I am thinking it is for one more year before the “right deal” lands in his lap.

OK...pondering over for now.

He has already dropped his name in one hat we know of last off season. And according to people in the department, he had people "reach out to him", or whatever that means. He is aware of the interest. He knows what's there to be had and what isn't. 

He may not be saying anything because he is JUST a candidate for the time being and he is letting the process play out. He can't really announce a presser and say, "UNT is where I want to be". We KNOW that isn't true and it would make him look foolish to say that in a presser and leave 2 weeks later. OR, he may not be saying anything because he is being advised by Fat Jimmy not to in an attempt to play WB like a fiddle for 3 or 400K more. OR, he may be a legitimate candidate and may very well have the job locked in and is waiting to get back to Denton to tell our team. These are the 3 scenarios, there isn't another one. 

Edited by NorthTexasWeLove
  • Eye Roll 1

4 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

It's over folks.  Let's put our faith in Wren.  

It isn’t over until that lady of some questionable perhaps love handle-esque weight sings. Just sayin.....

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

The real question is what is KSU thinking?  Is Seth their top choice?  Is he their only choice they want?  Is he simply a choice and they have other people to interview?  Are they going to take their time, form  a search committee, and interview lots of folks?  We don't know.

The fact that nothing is being said leads me to think that Seth is going to know one way or the other very soon.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

A strange feeling of relief came over me. 

Who can we get in here to take this team to the next level next year. What a situation for a badass coach to come into.

This is exciting!

I would like to hear when Fat Jim initially reached out to SL about this opening. Because you know Blimpy has in roads to know that Kstate was pushing Snyder out after the season. My bet it was Week 7/8. Something fundamentally wrong hit this team like a train around that time frame. It was almost palpable, and it came out of nowhere. 

• Upvote 7
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I would like to hear when Fat Jim initially reached out to SL about this opening. Because you know Blimpy has in roads to know that Kstate was pushing Snyder out after the season. My bet it was Week 7/8. Something fundamentally wrong hit this team like a train around that time frame. It was almost palpable, and it came out of nowhere. 

That would make sense. 

8 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Happened to Houston last year when Herman and Texas was becoming a thing.

10 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

That actually does make sense.....

if so, then I hope Wren did the same thing several weeks ago....

9 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Oh my.  Ben Is the one who says something to really make me think...

Week 6 saw KSSt move to 2-4 after a loss to lowly Baylor.  Enough to set wheels in motion in the AD there.  After an inexplicable win VS OSU the following week, they proceed to get pounded by OU, then lose to even-lowlier-than-Baylor, TCU...

...hmm...

• Ray 1