Seth Littrell Rumors Mega Thread

Cerebus

RockChalkTalk: Tracking Potential Head Coach Candidates for KU Football - Week 8

Once again, my personal list is as follows, in order of my favorites: Neal Brown, Seth Littrell, Jeff Monken, Chris Creighton, Jeff Tedford, Willie Fritz, Major Applewhite, Tim Beck. KU fans should be happy if any of these guys end up in Lawrence at the end of the year.

1 minute ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

A good selling point that KU has is that SL would always be playing 2nd fiddle there and therefore the expectations are nonexistent. He could go bowling there 1 every 3 or 4 years and clear checks for basically as long as he wants to. 

It sounds good on paper...

Unless RockChalkTalk has @Lydia Gooding waiting in the weeds somewhere, demanding more and wielding a fiery courage to TELL IT LIKE IT IS!

• Haha 1
  • Ray 2

31 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Tedford not going anywhere but another PAC12 school... maybe.    Fresno St. is his victory lap.  He'll coach there (and do well) until he's done.

EDIT:   They would be wise to get Monken & just roll with the Triple Option & hope to disrupt the Big 12 with an anomaly offense that requires special attention/practices defensively.
GATech catches ACC teams napping with it all the time.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan

1 hour ago, meangreenlax said:

I mean, if SL wants to settle he can go to Kansas. I have time believing it'll ever be a football school.

Obviously, it never will be, much like at UNC, Duke, UK, IU, UCLA, etc...

But I do believe that KU will pay a lot of $$$ to et their next coach. Their T. Boone Pickens is David Booth, who bought the original rules of basketball for $5 million dollars just to keep it at Kansas, since Naismith wrote them and he was their first coach. His name, like T. Boone's at OSU, will be the name of their stadium after its renovation. Dude ain't laying down this kind of cash for no reason. That's why they hired Jeff Long, the former Arkansas AD. 

I doubt is SL who goes there. I just get the feeling he will stay with Mason for his senior year and then take his chances on a Tennessee type job opening up and him being a big name on their list. But KU will pay serious $$$ and they know that when Old Man Snyder dies/retires, they will leapfrog them again, just as they did the last time he retired. SL can still be close to his Oklahoma roots in Lawrence and receive a giant raise if that was what he wanted. I just think he knows he can get a better job than this in the P5s.

This would be fantastic for us.   
1. I don't think the OU donors are ready to seriously consider Seth.   Maybe if we went 13-0... but we didn't. 
2. If he somehow is considered/hired, then we are in a fantastic position to take a huge buyout to turn around & money-whip a hotshot P5 coordinator to come take over.  Tee Martin?  Mario Cristobal?

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 3