Apogee Stadium - Survey

Mad Hatter

Just saw the fan survey pop up on Facebook looking for feedback on our experiences this year at Apogee.  I love that the AD solicits our feedback. 

I did have to complain about the number of hand dryers in the men's restroom.  You've got like a dozen urinals, 4 sinks, and 2 dryers with no paper towels.  When there's a big rush you either have to stand around with wet hands waiting for a dryer, or just wipe your hands on your pants.

First World Problems.

• Haha 2

My only issue with Apogee Stadium is the green seats in the front row on the visitor side. I think they are for recent graduates or something but they are always empty and it looks horrible on tv. They also have guards there protecting those seats that are gonna be empty anyway.  They need to get rid of those asap. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 4

7 minutes ago, Prettylittleeagle said:

they aren't for recent grads, they were purchased by a guy, and then the tickets were poorly distributed. Don't bring this subject up, people on this board get sensitive over this subject. Something needs to be done about it, I'd rather having opposing fans then there a bunch of empty seats. 

Sorry Prettylittleeagle, I don't want anyone to get offended👐🏻

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

loved everything about my games this year...except the band...ugh....that was the only negative statement i made in the survey.  complimented the guy that arranges the flags on top of the wingzone to where it has our flag on 1 point and our opponents for the week on the other

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

Just now, Prettylittleeagle said:

Do you think this is something Wren could argue back towards the conference about? curious your thoughts, and the thoughts of others about this. 

Now that is an interesting question.  It's been several years.  The CUSA commissioner has changed as has the UNT AD.  

That real estate is a tough sell for any purpose if you can't put students in it because it's surrounded by students, and they aren't...well...I wouldn't exactly try turning that into a family section. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

34 minutes ago, THOR said:

loved everything about my games this year...except the band...ugh....that was the only negative statement i made in the survey.  complimented the guy that arranges the flags on top of the wingzone to where it has our flag on 1 point and our opponents for the week on the other

Are those flags only up for conference games?  Because they weren't up for the Army game. Thanks

Those seats are a great deal. I think it would be perfect to promote these to recent grads that still want to be rowdy and air with the students. They are a tough sell because they are in the sun and early games can be tough. Maybe a suggestion would be to move the early season games to the evening and then the games late in the season to late afternoon. 

Too bad this survey wasn't around during the Fouts years. Those responses would be hilarious. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Just saw the fan survey pop up on Facebook looking for feedback on our experiences this year at Apogee.  I love that the AD solicits our feedback. 

I did have to complain about the number of hand dryers in the men's restroom.  You've got like a dozen urinals, 4 sinks, and 2 dryers with no paper towels.  When there's a big rush you either have to stand around with wet hands waiting for a dryer, or just wipe your hands on your pants.

First World Problems.

I'm sure having no paper towels is part of the whole "green" LEED certification stuff. 

I normally hate locations with air dryers only,  but I'm okay with it on one condition...you must use XLERATOR brand units.  Those bad boys really do work and fast.  The puny units we have don't work well enough to support a large crowd.

👍👍 for Apogee Stadium! 

I sat in Fouts Field from 1973 to 2010 & others did much longer than me so I have no complaints concerning fabulous Apogee Stadium whatsoever.  The sound & light features really adds to Game Day.  I believe a new sound system is in the plans?

"It's a Taj Mahal of college football stadiums (& I've seen them all)."  * Quote of Ex Dallas Cowboys Super Scout Gil Brandt after he first toured Apogee.  ** Brandt was the first to use a computer for the NFL draft.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

2 hours ago, Prettylittleeagle said:

they aren't for recent grads, they were purchased by a guy, and then the tickets were poorly distributed. Don't bring this subject up, people on this board get sensitive over this subject. Something needs to be done about it, I'd rather having opposing fans then there a bunch of empty seats. 

I would not.

And the tickets weren't "poorly distributed".

People aren't sensitive about the subject, they just don't appreciate folks who don't know the history of the situation popping off out of ignorance and then doubling down on their rudeness.

Edited by LongJim
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

35 minutes ago, meaniegreenie said:

I'm sure having no paper towels is part of the whole "green" LEED certification stuff. 

I normally hate locations with air dryers only,  but I'm okay with it on one condition...you must use XLERATOR brand units.  Those bad boys really do work and fast.  The puny units we have don't work well enough to support a large crowd.

leed is a joke of a thing, and never consistent.  It is just a money making thing.

Plus all the recent studies have flipped on how hand dryers throw e coli, bacteria, viruses and etc.. into the air.  Paper towel are much more efficient and healthy.  plus if you need to whip your face off or anything it is hard to do with a hand dryer. 

I love my Apogee experience!  

I had two suggestions:

1) “UNT Football Alum: Where are they now?”  I thought it’d be cool if they showed former players in the  NFL, coaching, teaching, or how they are using their degree (business, marketing, etc)

2). Love the addition of tv timeout activities (kids race to wear helmets, dancing for Whataburger, etc). I’d like to see more of that. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2

5 minutes ago, Felozano said:

1) “UNT Football Alum: Where are they now?”  I thought it’d be cool if they showed former players in the  NFL, coaching, teaching, or how they are using their degree (business, marketing, etc)

that is a great idea!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

leed is a joke of a thing, and never consistent.  It is just a money making thing.

Plus all the recent studies have flipped on how hand dryers throw e coli, bacteria, viruses and etc.. into the air.  Paper towel are much more efficient and healthy.  plus if you need to whip your face off or anything it is hard to do with a hand dryer. 

I agree with everything you said.  Good post.