'18 FS Keelan Crosby (Anna) Committed

GMG24

27 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Seriously, how many QBs/ex QBs do we have on the roster?  Has to be close to a record.

It's worked for Gary Patterson. QB at smaller schools are usually the best athletes. If he was at a 6a school in DFW and just playing DB he prolly would be coming to UNT because he would have P5 offers 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

Where is Anna, and what level football do they play?  Just curious.

I maybe wrong but I thought he said it was a 4A school?

Will be a good pick up at CB or FS, he is a play making who can be an asset with the ball in his hand from his QB tape. Surprised we aren't putting him at WR because he seems to have solid height and similar to Bradley 

3 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

It's worked for Gary Patterson. QB at smaller schools are usually the best athletes. If he was at a 6a school in DFW and just playing DB he prolly would be coming to UNT because he would have P5 offers 

Definitely not complaining.  I like having ex QBs all over the field for the exact reason you mentioned.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Exactly. Crosby is a very nice looking long athlete who would be a multiple P5 guy if he were just a few miles down the road in McKinney or Plano. Exactly the type of kid we need to get, and develop. This is like a Kishawn McClain or Jeff Wilson.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNT Mean Green said:

Exactly. Crosby is a very nice looking long athlete who would be a multiple P5 guy if he were just a few miles down the road in McKinney or Plano. Exactly the type of kid we need to get, and develop. This is like a Kishawn McClain or Jeff Wilson.

You have some serious Mean Green tinted glasses on.

• Downvote 4

16 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

While I'm not sure he turns into that caliber player, I do agree if he were to only have tape as a DB and played in DFW he'd be a sure P5 lock.  Too much of his tape is at QB and that's fine with me.  Anna is a bit of a haul out of the way for most non local coaches who usually stay on the highways, 121/75/DNT/Bush/35E/35W/114/820/20/30.  One coach who came through our HS told me we were his 12th school it was 1 pm, he had 7 more on his schedule but would probably stop at some other schools if he had time.  So, if he's gunna spend that time driving to Anna He needs to have guaranteed tape, and then he'll see kid with his own eyes.  I'm assuming the young man didn't need camp much which also hurts. 

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

34 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

McClain was a lightly recruited, lower rated two star prospect out of Rosenberg that had one other published offer from Texas State.  Wilson was a lower rated two star recruit with offers from ULM, NMSU and Texas State.  I see a very similar prospect in Crosby.  As @GMG24 stated, some of these kids from smaller programs are in out of the way places or don't get to attend camp like kids from more highly populated areas and that hurts their recruitment.  As always, I am happy to have him here and look forward to seeing how he develops.  His athleticism is obvious from his film.

Welcome to North Texas Keelan.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

McClain was a lightly recruited, lower rated two star prospect out of Rosenberg that had one other published offer from Texas State.  Wilson was a lower rated two star recruit with offers from ULM, NMSU and Texas State.  I see a very similar prospect in Crosby.  As @GMG24 stated, some of these kids from smaller programs are in out of the way places or don't get to attend camp like kids from more highly populated areas and that hurts their recruitment.  As always, I am happy to have him here and look forward to seeing how he develops.  His athleticism is obvious from his film.

Welcome to North Texas Keelan.

So true.  I'm repeating myself, but La Tech has done really well recruiting  at West-Orange Stark in SE Texas.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

It's another deflection from reality.  So, "he would have multiple P5 offers if only he were playing at (X School) joins":
-"Our coaching staff is so smart for offering him before anyone else"...even though everyone else has seen tape, had him in camps, etc....and declined to offer
-"Our coaches are just like Gary Patterson!":  But, not like the dozens of other coaches who have failed with this kind of recruiting at this level...including the last four right here in Denton.
-"Our coaches only get guys who 'fit their system'"...because higher ranked recruits would never "fit the system" it seems.

That's four good excuses now for recruiting a Southland Conference-worthy roster.

Edited by MeanGreenMailbox
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 6

1 hour ago, GMG24 said:

While I'm not sure he turns into that caliber player, I do agree if he were to only have tape as a DB and played in DFW he'd be a sure P5 lock.  Too much of his tape is at QB and that's fine with me.  Anna is a bit of a haul out of the way for most non local coaches who usually stay on the highways, 121/75/DNT/Bush/35E/35W/114/820/20/30.  One coach who came through our HS told me we were his 12th school it was 1 pm, he had 7 more on his schedule but would probably stop at some other schools if he had time.  So, if he's gunna spend that time driving to Anna He needs to have guaranteed tape, and then he'll see kid with his own eyes.  I'm assuming the young man didn't need camp much which also hurts. 

This is a joke, right?  Anna is off 75. 

Also, coaches from all over seem to find player in the sticks of East Texas despite the lack of a major airport and many two-lane country roads.  Anna isn't a difficult find...and certainly not out of the way as many East Texas towns are.

If the number one prospect in America was in bf Alaska, every coach would be on a dogsled mushing his way to the igloo for a visit. 

• Downvote 3