True Freshman QB dismissed from OU

p_phelps

5 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

If it's bad enough to get dismissed from OU for then I doubt SL and staff would be willing to bring him on board.

Or Lincoln Riley sending a message to a kid who has never played a down putting other guys on notice!? They can go get another QB just like him next class. I'd be ok if we looked into it. 

• Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

If it's bad enough to get dismissed from OU for then I doubt SL and staff would be willing to bring him on board.

It’s not anywhere near as bad as resisting arrest or breaking a girl’s jaw. He’s a good kid that’ll land on his feet. 

Edit: IF he decides football is a priority. 

Edited by MeanGreen22
  • Lovely Take 1

If this kid is willing to come here, we should take him in a heartbeat.  He had a drinking offense - and, wasn't going to be an immediate starter.  OU will tolerate alcohol and drug offenses, and assaults on women, from starters.  In fact they will even take them from other schools.  But, bench guys who drink and get caught - they're done at OU.

This is a highly rated recruit and would be the best player on our roster the day he hit town.  If OU follows through and gives him a complete release, we should offer him a chance here now. 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

2 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

which of us did not drink alcohol in college and sometimes drink to much?  I remember on  Monday or Tuesday they had three for one longnecks at the Mean Green Inn.

We all did.  And, this was an early enrollee who probably just got carried away with college life too soon.  OU's new coach...if this is the line in the sand he's drawn versus Stoops letting starters deal dope and beat women, fine.  And, especially fine if it accrues to our benefit. 

• Upvote 2

We offered him a couple of years ago during the recruiting process:  https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2017/chris-robison-1502

His offers outside of OU and Okie Lite were pretty much G5.  Not sure why OU offered him other than Stoops was letting his OC/QB coaches turn OU into Texas Tech on that side of the ball. 
So, they just needed a guy who could quickly read a defense and get it out the second he saw a WR with an edge. 

Other than that, looks like most P5s ignored him.

12 minutes ago, MeanGreenMailbox said:

We offered him a couple of years ago during the recruiting process:  https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2017/chris-robison-1502

His offers outside of OU and Okie Lite were pretty much G5.  Not sure why OU offered him other than Stoops was letting his OC/QB coaches turn OU into Texas Tech on that side of the ball. 
So, they just needed a guy who could quickly read a defense and get it out the second he saw a WR with an edge. 

Other than that, looks like most P5s ignored him.

Be on the lookout for FAU. Baylor was incredibly close to offering so I wouldn’t be surprised if baby briles reaches out. 

1 hour ago, VideoEagle said:

Sounds like this kid is OU's version of Curvin Richards. Richards was a Cowboys backup that got cut simply to get the rest of the teams attention. Looking at OU and what the kid did, that seems to be true in this case as well. 

Respect for the swervin' Curvin reference 

6 hours ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Be on the lookout for FAU. Baylor was incredibly close to offering so I wouldn’t be surprised if baby briles reaches out. 

He's not down to their standards.

2 hours ago, Withers940 said:

It would be awesome to grab him but I see him landing At SMU

It was an alcohol offense, not a drug offense.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3