• 20%
    • 30%
    • 40%
    • 50%
    • 60%
    • 70%
    • 80%
    • 90%+

There is a 100% chance we beat them.  If we keep improving and play like we are capable then I think we win walking away.  We were 17 point dogs at Army and won big with basically a one dimensional offense.  I look for Fine and the WR corp to have a big game indoors along with Mr.'s Wilson and Ivery running the ball.  This will be the first game we really put all three phases together.

Prayers to Matt from A700.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

We are above UTSA in Sagarin ratings, and with their homefield advantage, it would be a tossup.  Given that we've apparently garnered even less respect than those Kentucky Fried Chicken sucking community college jerks, the Vegas line has them as four point favorites. 

I prefer to be underdogs it helps the motivation of team I think. The roadrunners won't know what hit them, much like road kill. 

UTSA troubles me.  Every once in awhile there is a team on the schedule that we just don't seem to beat.  I know that we beat them last year, but they have some kind of a jinx over us.  It was the same with Memphis State back in the late 60's and early 70's.  We always seemed to be the better team going into the game, but they somehow managed to dominate the series.  Hope UTSA turns out to be just a bump in the road...hoping so.

24 minutes ago, drex said:

UTSA troubles me...but they have some kind of a jinx over us.  It was the same with Memphis State back in the late 60's and early 70's.  We always seemed to be the better team going into the game, but they somehow managed to dominate the series.  Hope UTSA turns out to be just a bump in the road...hoping so.

We have a 3 game history with a team and you think there's a jinx?

• Upvote 1

I never vote in these polls because the one time I did, we lost.  Now I've got to respect the jinx game.  But, I will say this:  While I never had the pleasure of meeting or upvoting Matt from A700, something tells me there's a 100% chance he's looking down and smiling at his Mean Green and another edition of the polls he so dearly loved.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Cerebus said:

LvIpzjd.gif

Respect.

Also don't worry about us not being underdogs...  Vegas has opened with UTSA as 4 point favorites.  

UNT being underdogs can only mean one thing... I'm going to win some money this weekend!

2 hours ago, meangreenthirteen said:

RIP Matt from A700. We gon' win in your honor.

God needed a poll-maker

• Upvote 4

It takes me back to the game were we played UTSA and needed to win that game to win CUSA West and the Shit Birds beat us. I dont Trust them and I dont like them. If our defense can play like they have the past two games and we can get the running game going early with a mix in of the throwing game, we win by two touchdowns.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Cerebus said:

LvIpzjd.gif

Respect.

Also don't worry about us not being underdogs...  Vegas has opened with UTSA as 4 point favorites.  

really though... can you blame the oddsmakers? If you asked anyone here, what makes UNT great, it would be tough to figure out why... at this point of the season it is truly a feast or famine team... and the stats represent a pretty 'meh' team (thankfully, only one stat matters at the end of the game):

UNT Total offense: 346ypg, ranking 115*

UNT Total defense: 415.6ypg, ranking 73*

UNT Penalties yards per game: 73.57ypg, ranking 118*

UNT 3rd down defense: Opposing teams convert on .434 tries, ranking 93*

Before the Army game, UNT was at even for turnover margin.

Top this all off with a True freshman QB and a team that had gone 1-11 last year... it is REALLY tough to figure out how this team is actually winning games...

I think if you take out the Florida and MTSU games it may make a bit more sense...

whatever the formula is, keep doing it Littrell, because it is working!

*All rankings are out of 128 FBS teams.

12 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

really though... can you blame the oddsmakers? If you asked anyone here, what makes UNT great, it would be tough to figure out why... at this point of the season it is truly a feast or famine team... and the stats represent a pretty 'meh' team (thankfully, only one stat matters at the end of the game):

UNT Total offense: 346ypg, ranking 115*

UNT Total defense: 415.6ypg, ranking 73*

UNT Penalties yards per game: 73.57ypg, ranking 118*

UNT 3rd down defense: Opposing teams convert on .434 tries, ranking 93*

Before the Army game, UNT was at even for turnover margin.

Top this all off with a True freshman QB and a team that had gone 1-11 last year... it is REALLY tough to figure out how this team is actually winning games...

I think if you take out the Florida and MTSU games it may make a bit more sense...

whatever the formula is, keep doing it Littrell, because it is working!

*All rankings are out of 128 FBS teams.

Statistically, we are not very good offensively. But our scoring D, as average as that stat is for us at 27ppg, is tops (or close to it) in CUSA I believe.