Do we hit 6?

Andrew

1 hour ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

We would have played a Big 10 school, but they didn't have enough with the 6 win minimum.  That's why we played UNLV.

Yup I remember. I was just saying that because despite the contract and who we would be supposed to play, know that it won't always play out that way.

• Upvote 2

This team continues to get better and better. Really the only game I don't see them winning is at Western Kentucky. LA Tech will be a good crowd for homecoming and Southern Miss just showed that they can be beat. All of our road games are winnable. I predicted 6-6 at the begin of the season and that's what I'm sticking to. Thanks Seth Littrell for being our savior. Can't wait to see what he can do with a full year of recruiting and a should-be easier schedule in 2017 (which better include a win at SMU).

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

This team continues to get better and better. Really the only game I don't see them winning is at Western Kentucky. LA Tech will be a good crowd for homecoming and Southern Miss just showed that they can be beat. All of our road games are winnable. I predicted 6-6 at the begin of the season and that's what I'm sticking to. Thanks Seth Littrell for being our savior. Can't wait to see what he can do with a full year of recruiting and a should-be easier schedule in 2017 (which better include a win at SMU).

I know this may sound crazy, but if we can recruit some dudes out of JUCO to fill in on LB and a quality OL this team can be special next year. Special as in we probably will not have to play MTSU, WKU, AND Marshall. We will probably get 1 (if not both) F_U's and a Charlotte or ODU. With that, we may be a 10-win team next year. With Iowa kind of backsliding I can't say for sure that is not a winnable game. So, technically we have 4 OOC "winnable" games. We will have 3 opposite division winnable games. And Rice, UTEP, nutsack all 3 have to fall in the 'winnable' category as well. I believe Nick Mullens is a senior so unless they have someone waiting in the wings then that game too has to be looked at as 'winnable' as well. Higgins at La Tech is also a senior and this time I don't think they have anyone waiting in the wings. In other words, the entire schedule is winnable and a lot of the premiere teams in our conference are starting to lose their star players so they will be reeling a little bit while we grow stronger. A 10 win season next year is not out of the realm of possibility by any means. Future looks pretty bright right now. 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

I know this may sound crazy, but if we can recruit some dudes out of JUCO to fill in on LB and a quality OL this team can be special next year. Special as in we probably will not have to play MTSU, WKU, AND Marshall. We will probably get 1 (if not both) F_U's and a Charlotte or ODU. With that, we may be a 10-win team next year. With Iowa kind of backsliding I can't say for sure that is not a winnable game. So, technically we have 4 OOC "winnable" games. We will have 3 opposite division winnable games. And Rice, UTEP, nutsack all 3 have to fall in the 'winnable' category as well. I believe Nick Mullens is a senior so unless they have someone waiting in the wings then that game too has to be looked at as 'winnable' as well. Higgins at La Tech is also a senior and this time I don't think they have anyone waiting in the wings. In other words, the entire schedule is winnable and a lot of the premiere teams in our conference are starting to lose their star players so they will be reeling a little bit while we grow stronger. A 10 win season next year is not out of the realm of possibility by any means. Future looks pretty bright right now. 

We should get BOTH Charlotte & ODU next year since we played both FL schools in 2014.
Charlotte & ODU are the only 2 schools we have yet to play in C-USA.

Cautiously optimistic here. The stat that Rice & Marshall have yet to beat another FBS school (0-9 combined) is scary. The positive side of that is NT is beating teams that it should beat. Every game is winnable when your defense is playing lights out and your running game produces. 

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Got5onIt said:

Cautiously optimistic here. The stat that Rice & Marshall have yet to beat another FBS school (0-9 combined) is scary. The positive side of that is NT is beating teams that it should beat. Every game is winnable when your defense is playing lights out and your running game produces. 

I'm not ready to say that.  SMU has a wins against FCS Liberty and us, otherwise they are 0-4 against FBS teams.  The truth is that if we had beat everyone we played who had beat no one else we would be 4-2.

The only two teams we have played with FBS wins (besides us) are MTSU and UF and we didn't look good against either.

Remaining Schedule:

• @ARMY (3 FBS wins) 
  • @UTSA  (1)
  • LaTech (2)
  • @WKU (2)
  • USM (3)
  • @UTEP  (1)

53 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

We should get BOTH Charlotte & ODU next year since we played both FL schools in 2014.
Charlotte & ODU are the only 2 schools we have yet to play in C-USA.

ODU is 4-2 right now with a 14 point win over UTSA, a 35 point win over Charlotte, and a 20 point win over UMASS in their past 3 games. It'll be just our luck if get them next year when they could have a breakout season...

2 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

I hope your right.

In the meantime, give your horse frequent breaks and plenty of green Kool-Aid, as it's hard to push a cart.

1 hour ago, Cerebus said:

I'm not ready to say that.  SMU has a wins against FCS Liberty and us, otherwise they are 0-4 against FBS teams.  The truth is that if we had beat everyone we played who had beat no one else we would be 4-2.

The only two teams we have played with FBS wins (besides us) are MTSU and UF and we didn't look good against either.

Remaining Schedule:

• @ARMY (3 FBS wins) 
  • @UTSA  (1)
  • LaTech (2)
  • @WKU (2)
  • USM (3)
  • @UTEP  (1)

Good point, However... Mason didn't play that whole game on his own. The defense didn't show up until we played FL. We should have won the SMU game, but unfortunately our team didn't start their rhythm until the 2nd quarter of the Rice game. the MTSU flop still has me worried... Had we won that game, or at least kept up with their score I'd be a little more confident in predicting a bowl season. If anything, UNT will beat themselves this year. Coach Littrell pointed out that the Marshall game was the first game he saw all 3 offense, defense, special teams were all firing on all cylinders in one game. If that can stay consistent, there is no telling what will happen.   

2 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Nice to have what looks like a very good Qb. You can build around him!