UNT Uniform Talk chapter 274

Harry

17 minutes ago, Harry said:

What say ye about this look?  Me likey!  Hope Littrell brings it back.

While I love the look, I'd like a new version that doesn't copy. This set needs it's place in UNT lore.

Also...BLACK MATTE HELMETS Y'ALL

2 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Agreed. See what UCF did today? I wish we were this competent.(reminder: UCF went 0-12 last season)

http://ucfastuniforms.com/

The helmet stripe is awesome and is fitting

• Upvote 3

It must be May.

I want a uniform, in a shade of green that we can hang on to for decades.  In a shade of green.  As in "glory to the green-glory to the white."  No black.  No navy.  No copper. 

As the Beach Boys sang, "be true to your hue." 

GO MEAN G R E E N

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

Go back to the 2012/2013 home unis. Keep the sow on the helmet. Those are simple and clean. Go all white on the road. Done. Whatever we do, we gotta get the hell outta the current getups asap. Ugh. Just another botched decision. 

I think we are stuck with them for two more seasons. Almost certain. It was a three year deal for those. Hopefully, we get an alternate uniform this season we can use and fade the other home one out. The away uniform was not that bad. Just can't get over how cheap those home unis look. Damn you Mac!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, North Texas Shep said:

I think we are stuck with them for two more seasons. Almost certain. It was a three year deal for those. Hopefully, we get an alternate uniform this season we can use and fade the other home one out. The away uniform was not that bad. Just can't get over how cheap those home unis look. Damn you RV!

FTFY.

And before anyone pitches a fit about "RV bashing, rah rah", RV said that the uniform decisions last year were his call. He was, actually like, proud of them. :shudder:

12 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Agreed. See what UCF did today? I wish we were this competent.(reminder: UCF went 0-12 last season)

http://ucfastuniforms.com/

And how the hell can so many get this right and we can't!?

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, Christopher Walker said:

FTFY.

And before anyone pitches a fit about "RV bashing, rah rah", RV said that the uniform decisions last year were his call. He was, actually like, proud of them. :shudder:

And how the hell can so many get this right and we can't!?

Why is #55 carrying the ball and striking the "Pose"?  Couldn't they get a lower number to do that????

You guys are way to up tight about the "right" color of green and not using accent colors like black or whatever.

I'd be ok with black, grey, silver with any combination of shades of green. A multi shaded green uniform could look cool. As long as the team likes it and it gets us good press and makes us look modern we should do it.

A talented designer should be able to come up with cool looks. So far we have been scared of this and it's part of the marketing of your program.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, North Texas Shep said:

I think we are stuck with them for two more seasons. Almost certain. It was a three year deal for those. Hopefully, we get an alternate uniform this season we can use and fade the other home one out. The away uniform was not that bad. Just can't get over how cheap those home unis look. Damn you Mac!

Are these the uniforms you're referring to? 

Also, UNTLifer, you may think matte is dull , but the young kids love that look. Course what do they know. Look at what they wear nowadays. They think skinny jeans look good. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Downvote 1