Littrell turns up the heat at his BBQ (cbs 11 coverage)

GMG24

22 minutes ago, letsgiveacheer said:

BBQ = Hot dogs??

Looks like he's at the Alumni Pavillion and cooking up some of those yummy brats! Yeah, it ain't Rudy's or Metzler's but it'll do.

16 hours ago, letsgiveacheer said:

BBQ = Hot dogs??

LOL I was thinking the same thing, but wanted to try and keep it positive.  I laughed when I saw Hotdogs and Brats were being called a BBQ though.  

• Upvote 1

The event was advertised as a cookout. And, obviously, looks like one in the photo.

Y'all should write CBS 11 a strongly worded letter about BBQ. And they probably thought about calling us North Texas State, so write about that too.

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

you are right....I cook it on the grill.  I also brush BBQ sauce on it several times after 1.5 hrs for the last 30 minutes....The meat falls right off the bones.....  2hrs total on the grill

Did you learn that in business school?

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Considering their two sports producers are UNT alums -- I doubt they wanted to call us NTSU.

And, BBQ was probably used because of Twitter's character limit. Probably didn't have enough room for "cookout".

But it was a nice event. I was surprised by the turnout, but I guess free food will bring people no matter what

Edited by meangreen16
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, GangGreen said:

If this guy can only cook six weenies at a time, can we really trust him to run an entire football team??????????

Don't want to overcook them...how many weenies were standing in line?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I think some folks label anything cooked on a grill BBQ.  So wrong.

Actually, it's not that they call the food barbecue, it's that they call grilling food "barbecuing", aka "We're going to be barbecuing" or "We're having a barbecue".  It doesn't matter what the food is - burgers, hot dogs, chicken, etc.

16 hours ago, GangGreen said:

If this guy can only cook six weenies at a time, can we really trust him to run an entire football team??????????

Don't be such a naïve shrill. He may have all the ability in the world to cook  as many weenies as he wants, but our AD simply doesn't have the desire to put our coach in a position to do that. He'd much rather only buy weenies for himself and his 17 other buddies to munch on while the rest of us are left with the scraps. Don't be deceived by the Wienerschnitzel Weasel.

• Upvote 5