The University of Texas at Houston?

Harry

Academically on whole the UTD is regarded about the same as UH. Regardless, it is ridiculous that the citizens let their politicians enable The University of Central Texas to have schools in regions that already have a state system. All state universities in the North Texas region should be managed by UNT and all state universities in the Houston region shoud be managed by UH. Is the UTD even in Dallas or is it really in Richardson or Plano?

• Upvote 1

The strength of UTD is in research and technology related fields. In those areas, most schools in the region are WAY behind UTD. 

But you would never choose UTD if you wanted to study arts or the humanities, or really social sciences as well. 

You also probably won't go there if you want a traditional college experience either. But if you want to study science and/or prep for med school, there is hardly a better choice. Plus their financial assistance for elite students is almost unrivaled around here. Full tuition, room and board, plus cash. One scholarship program they have includes all of that plus free study overseas for a year.

Edited by 97and03
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

https://colleges.niche.com/rankings/best-colleges/s/texas/

This site has a lot of good stats on each school. Ranking schools and not programs is really a stupid exercise but that ship has sailed.  It is now more important than ever to improve a schools brand. 

8 hours ago, Ryan Munthe said:

UH should probably worry about its graduation rates rather than the impending UTH.

Or, the fact that more Top 10% students go to UNT over UH. Even SFA.

Or, that UH's SAT scores are substantially below just about every other "Tier One" school, including 120 points lower than UTD.

Or, that UNT's average incoming GPA is higher than UH.

Not all of us have their own Donald Trump, you know.

Proof? Any reputable links?

• Downvote 5

On 1/23/2016 at 2:23 PM, Harry said:

Don't the UT satellite schools claim the horns as their own?  If so I would think UT would like to expand their brand to any Houston development they build as well.

I thought so too... Until I saw a guy get blasted on RowdyTalk for claiming the masses hold onto their longhorn roots and pride. Maybe it is school with sport programs? I know people who attend UTD that could give a flying flip what goes on in the sports world. They just go to school to get a degree and to never give the school a glance again. They don't own one UTD shirt or article of clothing. (if they make UTD fan apparel?)

Edited by GreenTexan13
  • Upvote 1

On 1/23/2016 at 5:42 PM, Aquila_Viridis said:

Academically on whole the UTD is regarded about the same as UH. Regardless, it is ridiculous that the citizens let their politicians enable The University of Central Texas to have schools in regions that already have a state system. All state universities in the North Texas region should be managed by UNT and all state universities in the Houston region shoud be managed by UH. Is the UTD even in Dallas or is it really in Richardson or Plano?

While I agree with your post on all other matters, overall UH is not close to UTD academically.  

23 hours ago, GreenTexan13 said:

I thought so too... Until I saw a guy get blasted on RowdyTalk for claiming the masses hold onto their longhorn roots and pride. Maybe it is school with sport programs? I know people who attend UTD that could give a flying flip what goes on in the sports world. They just go to school to get a degree and to never give the school a glance again. They don't own one UTD shirt or article of clothing. (if they make UTD fan apparel?)

I've run into a few UTD people over the years at my job that bleed burnt orange because it was their "school".  So can they root for UTEP or UTSA?

30 minutes ago, Cougar King said:

Just as I thought, no proof. Hence why UH's endowment is seven times bigger than UNT's, the attendance is 2.5x bigger, the 2016 recruiting classes can't even be compared side by side and best of all, the TV ratings of UH in Houston vs UNT tv ratings in DFW.

Congratulations on surpassing North Texas on an endowment and athletic prowess...I mean, wow, how did the school in the energy capital of the world manage to get an endowment bigger than a teacher's college? That's is just really amazing and definitely worthy of going to their school's fan site to scoreboard their fans...not completely stupid AT ALL.

And you surpassed a music school for better athlete's for your football team while sitting in the heart of the 4th biggest city in America. Again, that is just incredible. How did y'all manage to do that? I mean, as soon as UNT's College of Music shows up again in the top ten music programs in the country, I bet your Cougar Fans board must get overrun with UNT fans going over there to talk $hit about this...oh wait, that would be about as stupid as posting about scoreboarding us in endowment and recruiting rankings on our fan site--when we NEVER play you in anything.

Of course, I'm sure you go to shaggybevo.com or texags.com and brag about this stuff, too, right? I mean that's who you are fighting to be, so I bet you just tear it up on those boards, correct? No?? Is it because both of those schools look down at you like as someone they want nothing to do with? Surely not...I mean surely those two schools are seeing what you are doing and just begging to get you into their conferences and to play you regularly...oh wait...it appears that want nothing to do with you, leaving you permanently sucking their leftovers--which, crazily enough, means you aren't very far away at all, in the grand scheme of things, from a school that doesn't spend anything close to what you do on sports. Some would call that sad--I would call it ironically funny...

• Downvote 1

55 minutes ago, Cougar King said:

Just as I thought, no proof. Hence why UH's endowment is seven times bigger than UNT's, the attendance is 2.5x bigger, the 2016 recruiting classes can't even be compared side by side and best of all, the TV ratings of UH in Houston vs UNT tv ratings in DFW.

So...up to that magical 6 figure number eh?

4 hours ago, Cougar King said:

Dude, seriously, why are you here?  Are you that starved for attention that you go to various message boards to troll?  If we got you a hooker to give you the attention you crave, would you promise not to come back?

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 4:00 PM, Cougar King said:

https://youtu.be/jDUgbYjcE8s?t=29s

On 1/27/2016 at 9:14 PM, Rudy said:

Dude, seriously, why are you here?  Are you that starved for attention that you go to various message boards to troll?  If we got you a hooker to give you the attention you crave, would you promise not to come back?

Don't feed the trolls. Don't answer them, don't respond - just ignore them. This site has an ignore feature that generally works well UNLESS people continuously quote and respond to posts by the people you have chosen to ignore. I only see posts from Cougar Queen, GLTG and some others when other people quote them. Trolls don't add to the discussion, they make it impossible. 

• Upvote 1