Could UNT get the combo of English and Kincade?

TheReal_jayD

digging through both of their Twitter accounts I can see both of them liking UNT related tweets and noone else.  Also noticed that while English follows Chad Morris that Switchblade doesn't.

I really have to think that we have got this one in the bag.  The theories about using these two transfers while we cultivate a yet to be announced Freshman QB (or two) just makes too much sense.

5 hours ago, All About UNT said:

digging through both of their Twitter accounts I can see both of them liking UNT related tweets and noone else.  Also noticed that while English follows Chad Morris that Switchblade doesn't.

I really have to think that we have got this one in the bag.  The theories about using these two transfers while we cultivate a yet to be announced Freshman QB (or two) just makes too much sense.

Kincade follows @SMU_Football, @UHCougars, and @UHCougarFB.

54 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Kincade follows @SMU_Football, @UHCougars, and @UHCougarFB.

While that is true he doesn't follow a very active Chad morris account and I think he knows his playing chances at Houston....combined with it not being close to home. Just an observation but I just don't see it being SMU or TCU he picks if playing time is what he is looking for.

15 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

I really think Trice would be a great Recruiting Coordinator or Recruiting Assistant

I agree.  However I think SL kept all 4 GA's from last year, and Trice can't be an UGA since he already graduated.  The only spot would be for him as a full coach, and you can only have nine of those.

I would love to have him on staff somehow, not sure SL knows him well enough, and SL seems to hire people he knows.

1 minute ago, Cerebus said:

I agree.  However I think SL kept all 4 GA's from last year, and Trice can't be an UGA since he already graduated.  The only spot would be for him as a full coach, and you can only have nine of those.

I would love to have him on staff somehow, not sure SL knows him well enough, and SL seems to hire people he knows.

Bet if he interviewed Trice he may change his mind. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

not a GA. Can a Recruiting Coordinator not be an office guy and not be a coach?

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

Director of High School relations and Director of recruiting are not coaches?

The rules around this have changed recently so I am a little behind.  However from what I understand these "staff" positions are not considered coaches, however that means they can not coach players OR have direct contact with recruits.    The only 10 people who can do so are the HC and his 9 assistants.  A S&C coach is given permission to coach, but not recruit.  Same thing goes for the 4 GAs and the UG assistants.  

The staff positions do usually have contact with HS coaches.  If one of the 9 asst coach leaves before the season is over the school can petition the NCAA to allow one of the staff positions to recruit for the remainder of the year.

If anyone has a better or more updated understanding please correct me.  

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, Cerebus said:

The rules around this have changed recently so I am a little behind.  However from what I understand these "staff" positions are not considered coaches, however that means they can not coach players OR have direct contact with recruits.    The only 10 people who can do so are the HC and his 9 assistants.  A S&C coach is given permission to coach, but not recruit.  Same thing goes for the 4 GAs and the UG assistants.  

The staff positions do usually have contact with HS coaches.  If one of the 9 asst coach leaves before the season is over the school can petition the NCAA to allow one of the staff positions to recruit for the remainder of the year.

If anyone has a better or more updated understanding please correct me.  

Yes, I can help. From 2011 to 2015 we had zero coaches that were recruiting. Although the actual coaches changed from year to year the number remained at zero. The number will increase to 10 in 2016. Hope that helps.

Edited by Eagle-96
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1