Womens Basketball, UNT 61 - OU 57 - final

ADLER

Newy Scruggs just mentioned the ladies win on his 10:00 pm Channel 5 sports cast.  Only college game mentioned.  Way to go ladies!  Great win....great positive PR for the program.  Great job!  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

How can you base a hire off of one win?  That's my point.  It's extremely too irrational to even bring Mitchell in the conversation, that's what RV would do.  He makes irrational decisions.  Perfect example, giving an extension to a 3rd year HC after his first winning season in 3 years.  Look what UNLV did, of course they didn't win their bowl game but their HC had another losing season and was fired after his forth season.  That's what should have happened to Mac, if we had any press like SMU or TCU, he would have been fired. 

Limited sample size. In 3 games, she has already won 2. Peterson didn't reach 2 wins last year until December 14th and he only won 1 nonconference game last year which she has already surpassed. I'm not saying she is going to be great or even good but I will say that through three games, she seems to be much better than the guy she replaced. Therefore the statement, "so far so good".

• Upvote 2

Limited sample size. In 3 games, she has already won 2. Peterson didn't reach 2 wins last year until December 14th and he only won 1 nonconference game last year which she has already surpassed. I'm not saying she is going to be great or even good but I will say that through three games, she seems to be much better than the guy she replaced. Therefore the statement, "so far so good".

Again, this is another perfect example of irrational decision making.  Why are we comparing our most recent hire with a terrible hire?  We should be comparing our hire to other coaches, not just previous head coaches at UNT.  His head coaching hires are just one of the many things he's done wrong as an athletic director.  

• Upvote 5

How can you base a hire off of one win?  That's my point.  It's extremely too irrational to even bring Mitchell in the conversation, that's what RV would do.  He makes irrational decisions.  Perfect example, giving an extension to a 3rd year HC after his first winning season in 3 years.  Look what UNLV did, of course they didn't win their bowl game but their HC had another losing season and was fired after his forth season.  That's what should have happened to Mac, if we had any press like SMU or TCU, he would have been fired. 

This. 

Plus, "Bad" doesn't really show how bad those hires were.  It's one thing to be bad, it's another to be "program killing awful".  That's what Benford, Stevens, Petersen, and Dodge were.  

Back on topic .. .tremendous win by the ladies.  We're all very proud. 

He will say anything to defend RV. His knowledge base is... Lacking.

Great win by the ladies. Maybe the best in program history. Follow through is everything. If this is one win of 10 this season, it won't matter. 

Its nice to have hope, even if it is in the little one of the big three

Get your billboard mother fffrs 

Posts like this just further the perception that you support a man, not a program. 

As a matter of fact, I bet this was your and RV's post game toast while having drinks on the square post game.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

He will say anything to defend RV. His knowledge base is... Lacking.

Great win by the ladies. Maybe the best in program history. Follow through is everything. If this is one win of 10 this season, it won't matter. 

The ladies may still struggle this season. If they do then I still think this win matters. It's certain to help Jalie in recruiting, but I don't think it's wasted if they win 10-15. This was a VERY bad team last year and there will likely be plenty of bumps in the road.

• Upvote 7

The ladies may still struggle this season. If they do then I still think this win matters. It's certain to help Jalie in recruiting, but I don't think it's wasted if they win 10-15. This was a VERY bad team last year and there will likely be plenty of bumps in the road.

Thank you for perspective. And congrats ladies.

• Upvote 1

Goid point. I guess what I meant to say is this doesn't matter if there is no turnaround in ladies basketball. 

It is a very good early sign, though. 

Great win for the ladies.

Not sure how they lose to San Francisco at home, but go on the road and beat #17OU.  Hopefully coach Mitchell can prove the anomaly was the former and not the latter.  

Probably first game jitters vs. starting to learn to play together in the new system.  Hopefully, it's a sign of a coming trend.

This is a great win even if the rest of the season does not turn out well, but I hope it's a sign of things to come. UNT played so well that Oklahoma and its coach couldn't believe it. She was completely rattled on the post-game telecast.

As for the people who are using this to say "I told you so," it's no wonder you back RV: You are the most easily satisfied sports fans on the planet. Even a single day of good news is enough for you to forget 10 years of bad.

• Upvote 7

This is a great win even if the rest of the season does not turn out well, but I hope it's a sign of things to come. UNT played so well that Oklahoma and its coach couldn't believe it. She was completely rattled on the post-game telecast.

As for the people who are using this to say "I told you so," it's no wonder you back RV: You are the most easily satisfied sports fans on the planet. Even a single day of good news is enough for you to forget 10 years of bad.

This

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Great win for the ladies! So glad Jalie is the one responsible for coaching us to the best win in program history. As @CMJ said, it's fitting that arguably the best women's player in NT history is responsible for its best win as a coach as well. Easy to support one of our own!

Nice to be excited and optimistic again!

• Upvote 2