Rick Villarreal termination watch thread

UNT90

Just curious, why didn't you line up all the seasons to start the same?

I'd love for all of us to mass tweet the president with something like "Since 2008...AD's winning percentage in the big 3 is..." etc.

Edit: Or heck, even the win % of the big 3 in his whole tenure. Lighting up the @Cerebus-signal to see if he might have already collected that info.

Here's the long story.

So after the 2013 season I felt skeptical about Mccarney and how we won, but I convinced myself we would be okay. I also convinced myself that he was a good talent developer and that the poor job at winning recruiting battles would be overcome. Then we got off to a bad start, and when we got annihilated by UAB and I realized, hey, Mccarney isn't this awesome talent developer, he's a bad recruiter, and our in-game coaching isn't good. This was not a good hire. So then I thought, maybe Dodge wasn't a fluke. When was the last good hire by RV?

I thought off the top of my head the last major sports hires I could remember (keep in mind I've only been closely following the school for 4 years), compiled their records, and realized they were combined 99 games under .500 at the time. I didn't realize, but Johnny Jones was the last hire by RV before those 6 I thought of. Johnny, of course, was here until 2012 so the numbers weren't as bad with him having all the 20-win seasons.

Some say excluding Johnny isn't playing fair. Skepticism says it was an outlier. I say the 6 hires he's made in the last 10 years are more indicative of if he were to make another hire in those sports than that hire he made over 14 years ago. But yeah, that's why those hires don't just all match up together chronologically.

• Upvote 3

I can't tell if sarcasm.

Funny, I can't tell who you are due to multiple screen names. 

But thanks for doing your minescule part (compared to me, of course) of keeping this thread on the front page so I can single handedly remove RV from power. 

muahh.gif

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

That is your greatest fear? You need to get out more.

As to the rest...Lol.

I'm well aware of how unimportant I am in the grand scheme of everything UNT athletics.

fair enough

1. Alligators, by far the biggest
2. Crocodiles
3. Brain Aneurysm (the silent killer)
4. a more self-important UNT90 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Everyone knows but the manipulated 17 that RV should be gone.

Maybe a loss to an FCS that RV SCHEDULED(!!!) will drive the point home.

Or they will simply meet RV at the bar and listen to him blame the head coach and tell them how he isn't responsible for anything happening in any of the athletic programs, except the ones that are winning, of course. 

Maybe we will see Saturday around 7pm.

fair enough
2. Crocodiles

1. Faux fear. They are more scared of you

2. Valid

3. Thinking about it will make your head hurt.

4. Impossible.

• Upvote 2

fair enough
2. Crocodiles

You should really fear Ben Gooding, CBL...really, really fear him meeting you face-to-face this weekend.

Everything else, except for a Tony Benford extension, is just Saturday morning cartoons comparatively...

• Upvote 1

Barring a breakout offensive performance, I think you'll see Canales fired on Monday or Tuesday. That's probably the only activity we'll see until the end of the season, and even then I'm willing to bet that in the very unlikely case that Mac gets fired, RV will be around to pick the next head coach.

And we will lose about 30 percent of the Mean Green Club.

Barring a breakout offensive performance, I think you'll see Canales fired on Monday or Tuesday. That's probably the only activity we'll see until the end of the season, and even then I'm willing to bet that in the very unlikely case that Mac gets fired, RV will be around to pick the next head coach.

Nothing happens this week.  There's another game in a short five days.  Against a very good team, dontcha' know.

• Upvote 2

if we lose to Portland St and then give up 60 plus to WKU, maybe RV and Mac will be shown the door together.

Note to Self: cue the Dandy Don and Pat Boone Youtube videos for 10/16/15!

With the beat down coming tomorrow night, I hope President Smatresk and people like Fly re-evaluate want they want this AD to be.

A winning, proud program or a permanent job for an AD that hasn't earned it.

I don't see how that will change a thing. RV got rid of the "problem" and anything that may happen tomorrow or this year was because of Mccarney.

• Upvote 1

I don't see how that will change a thing. RV got rid of the "problem" and anything that may happen tomorrow or this year was because of Mccarney.

Correct.   RV's 'vision' has nothing to do with on-the-field results.  That is strictly the coaches.  Fire the losing coach, problem solved!

Quick, let's create a new building!

With the beat down coming tomorrow night, I hope President Smatresk and people like Fly re-evaluate want they want this AD to be.

A winning, proud program or a permanent job for an AD that hasn't earned it.

Hey the President wants him gone. Its the big money folks standing in the way. They cant lose their puppet

Edited by Mean_Green09
  • Upvote 4