neal.smatresk@unt.edu

UNT90

I just sent him an email, I made it as professional as possible too. I sure hope he reads it, this is not my first time reaching out to him..

He does in fact run his own Twitter account and while he does not respond to criticism, he does for certain read everything to him. I suggest that as well.

• Upvote 3

did that too, I saw that Christopher Walker blew up his Twitter page. Good on him.

Ben Gooding and Ryan Munthe are also doing their part on the UNT Facebook page as well.
 Lol

I am unbelievably twitter illiterate.  I can see Christopher Walker's twitter page, I can see Neal Smastresk's twitter page, but I can see no interaction between the two.

Edit: Ah I think I see it.  All the @untprez stuff.

Also, which facebook page are they lighting up?  I think I saw one comment by Ben Gooding on the UNT page announcing the loss to Southern Miss

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 2

I am unbelievably twitter illiterate.  I can see Christopher Walker's twitter page, I can see Neal Smastresk's twitter page, but I can see no interaction between the two.

Also, which facebook page are they lighting up?  I think I saw one comment by Ben Gooding on the UNT page announcing the loss to Southern Miss

I can't figure it out, either.

Probably a good thing...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

the main University of North Texas page. The mean green sports page didn't post any post game reports. Probably got fed up with people complaining about UNT advertising losses.

Edited by GreenTexan13
  • Upvote 1

I've got to get some popcorn and read those comments. Lol. 

Not super proud of most of them; too much finger mashing out of Eastside equating to misspellings and bad grammar. Oh well. Hopefully the point is made and I shall be sending an email from my staff account sometime soon that will hopefully be a little more coherent.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Not super proud of most of them; too much finger mashing out of Eastside equating to misspellings and bad grammar. Oh well. Hopefully the point is made and I shall be sending an email from my staff account sometime soon that will hopefully be a little more coherent.

sorry Chris, wasn't talking about you. I doubt you said anything out of line. Not like I can tell with my very limited Twitter skills.

It's the other 2 I worry about.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

The UNT Alumni Association is hosting a Fall Reception at Gleneagles Country Club in Plano on Tuesday of next week, October 13th.  President Smatresk will be at the reception.  He will also give a speach, but most of the event will be mingle time.  If folks want to have civil fact-based dialog with him, this could be a good opportunity for some brief face to face time.  The deadline to register is Tuesday of this week, October 6th.  Register at https://www.untalumni.com/regionalreceptions2015 .

In the interest of full transparency, know that though I voluntarily sit on the Collin County steering committee of the alumni association, I'm not employed by the university or anything like that.  I didn't want anyone jumping to any conclusions that I might have an alterior motive for dropping a plug for this event.   

I would suggest actually writing mail. The amount of email he gets is insane. He gets far less physical mail and may be more likely to open/read it. At least this is the route I'm taking. 

I will have to think about the association meeting over night.  Getting to Plano by 6:30 would require me take off work or leave 2 hours early at the least.  What is the address I can send a physical letter too?  I will definitely do that.

I will have to think about the association meeting over night.  Getting to Plano by 6:30 would require me take off work or leave 2 hours early at the least.  What is the address I can send a physical letter too?  I will definitely do that.

Connect with President Smatresk

Mailing address
1155 Union Circle, #311425
Denton, Texas 76203-5017

Physical address
Corner of Chestnut & Avenue C
Hurley Administration Building, Room 201
1501 W. Chestnut Street
Denton, Texas 76201

Edit:  If you're gonna go the physical snail mail route, I would suggest using certified mail with a read receipt.  That forces them to acknowledge that it arrived, and gives you knowledge that it got there and somebody at least had to glance at the envelope.

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 1