What's In the Locker: New Uniforms

I am very impressed that they even did this. Get some hype. Good job.

I agree. It wasn't something I was expecting either.

Now that I've seen it, I'd sure like the athletic department to add the "#1 Home Field Advantage" angle to it, and start airing it during the sports segments of all the local evening news. We need to focus on expanding our fan base.

• Upvote 2

I agree. It wasn't something I was expecting either.

Now that I've seen it, I'd sure like the athletic department to add the "#1 Home Field Advantage" angle to it, and start airing it during the sports segments of all the local evening news. We need to focus on expanding our fan base.

That #1 home field advantage article was more about sucking on the road. Great video though. Excited about seeing the new uni's. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

That #1 home field advantage article was more about sucking on the road. Great video though. Excited about seeing the new uni's. 

Then how about this: 

"Mean Green Football, #1 home field advantage in Denton!"

It goes perfect alongside our best school in the metroplex slogans we used to put out.

• Upvote 2

Or a matte black helmet with a green SOW

Did you say matte? Oh my, it's getting a little warm, I think I need to -

tumblr_lpq4ce9J0J1qjnfl4.gif

Also, anyone else hearing Brad Pitt's voice, "what's in the lockeerrrrr!?!?"

RV isn't playing the Kevin Spacey role, is he? 

• Upvote 1

Now Create one for all our marquee games for us to post on social media worldwide: beat smu to a pulp video, conquer utsa, down the big 10, shock the vols, steam rice, harness the herd, pic off utep.  Bowl game brash. GMG

• Upvote 1

what if the helmet is a nest that houses an actual eagle... or worm, for that matter?

#nextlevel

The Lacy Act-

was passed in 1900, protects bald eagles by making it a Federal offense to take, possess, transport, sell, import, or export their nests, eggs and parts that are taken in violation of any state, tribal or U.S. law.

(looks like uncle Sam might have a problem with that)

• Upvote 2

You think we could afford LED technology?  We can't even buy out Benny... We'd be lucky to take the field with our players wrapped in Christmas lights. 

Oh yeah, no way we would ever afford such a thing. I just imagine an eventual silly reality along the lines of...

GreenLanternScreen_0011_Layer-41.jpg

Followed by... "...just don't make the suit green! OR ANIMATED!" some years later.

#deadpoolhype

• Upvote 1

We're still under Nike, right? In all honestly I don't mind what the team looks like when they're still making headlines because of the unis. Hence, I'd give Nike pretty much full liberty to go to town and create whatever they want as long as the SOW is prominent. Worked out for other schools.

• Upvote 1

The Lacy Act-

was passed in 1900, protects bald eagles by making it a Federal offense to take, possess, transport, sell, import, or export their nests, eggs and parts that are taken in violation of any state, tribal or U.S. law.

(looks like uncle Sam might have a problem with that)

Oh! I see.  You mistakenly assumed the eagle would not voluntarily land in there and make it's own nest? 

but not vice versa?   We changed our default helmet last year.  RV said it didn't make sense to change the uniform until this year because of the Nike plant change.  

I would think the helmets would need an update. If you have a new uniform and it has a certain flare to it, a new helmet would complete the uniform. I wouldn't be upset if they kept the helmets though, a SOW helmet is better then a North Texas worded helmet for sure.

but not vice versa?   We changed our default helmet last year.  RV said it didn't make sense to change the uniform until this year because of the Nike plant change.  

All we did was slap a new decal on the old helmets. I don't think many teams would get new helmets without having a uniform change.

• Upvote 1