What's In the Locker: New Uniforms

I'm hopeful to see how the green uniforms look with the new boat paint metal flake sparkle green helmets (which I love and look awesome). I don't really like the look of the 2014 Homecoming black helmets with the dark grey stripe along with the new green uniforms. Road whites should look killer with the new sparkle green helmets. 

I think the Uniforms will look fine on the field. We never really got the best designs out of Nike, but in my mind this is better than just green. Pretty sad how quick you could throw it together with the budget unis they have on the builder. 

• Upvote 1

They're okay, but at least they have some nice details on some of the panels. To be fair, I don't know why I was expecting something groundbreaking here.

But at least they're intending to use the Seahawk-inspired black helmets and the new green/white helmets. Plus, we're away from that weird mint green. The staff gets a C grade for the uniform choice. I wish they'd understand that uniforms have an impact on recruiting and that means getting something the team identify with and will be proud to wear. Doesn't have to be Oregon-level flashy (since the team loved the 100th year throwbacks and the all-blacks).

• Upvote 3

like kids with cancer sad and depressing or more like refugees with missing body parts from land mines sad and depressing?

just trying to understand the scope of this tragedy.

those are both terrific examples of sad & depressing...

I was thinking more like unhappy pet cats being dressed up in little stupid outfits & hats by their crazy delusional owners depressing... 

Edited by 3XL
  • Upvote 4

I wish they would wear the throwbacks more often. Once a year would be nice or at least once every other year. 

I'm starting to like the road unis. They will look even better spatted and swagged out, individually. 

Buyers took a more revealing picture that I saw on here that does the home unis a little more justice. They too will look better swagged out. 

Is there not a link that shows all unis, top to bottom? That video is too hard to see all of them.

Im wondering the same thing.

Green on Green is Awful. Take me back to the uniforms when we were in the Big West

Who Cares what you Negative 1 giver thinks.

Edited by Withers940
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Call me old school I guess. Go with a sharp clean look and stick with it. Alabama, Texas, Penn State, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, ect. I don't like the identity crisis. SOW was a great addition on green and white. We need to get solid branding and stop changing. We are the Mean Green. Not Mean Black. And stop changing the shade of green!!!

• Upvote 2

Photos can't replicate the sheen given when natural light hits the fabric. They will look even better on the field. Love the new black & metallic green helmets options. Previous green uniforms were just too plain. These are 100 times better. 

New black helmets, white jerseys, & green pants will look freakin' great next to a 45-0 ass kicking of SMWho.

Edited by Got5onIt
  • Upvote 3

Why are there not official pictures yet? 

I went online to Meangreensports last night to see them and couldn't find them outside of the reveal video.  For all of the time they spent to make the reveal video and such you would think they would put them up on the main site, but I couldn't find them.  But you know, we really know the answer to your question.

• Upvote 1

For me, they will go down like this.

I believe there are a number of people who actually liked the look of the Dodge SLC uniforms.  

To me, there is no greater abomination of a uniform than those gawdawful atrocities if for no other reason than the "football" I watched played with them.

Results on the scoreboard create the endearment or disdain for the uniform in my book.

• Upvote 2

I went online to Meangreensports last night to see them and couldn't find them outside of the reveal video.  For all of the time they spent to make the reveal video and such you would think they would put them up on the main site, but I couldn't find them.  But you know, we really know the answer to your question.

Perhaps, they too are ashamed of their choices.

• Upvote 2

I am sure they're doing some big reveal at Friday night lights and wanted to keep majority of pictures off the web. Just a guess/hope, you know like TCU did you have to grab ahold of stuff that works, especially when what you are doing isn't/doesn't work... Find someone successful and copy them. 

• Upvote 1

Uniforms designs every few years.

tumblr_m4zvt5uNl31qzwbl1o1_500.gif

Two people on GMG have the same thought about the same thing and start patting each other on the back.

VnARgSz.gif

Athletic department tries to do a big reveal but doesn't really.

whipout.gif

UNT fans get something cool but it blows up in their face.

tumblr_mbot65KKNj1qlzduwo2_400.gif

Edited by TheWestie