Lance Dunbar to return to the Cowboys in 2015

Fourth year in the NFL. $1.5 million this year. Time to start thinking about tossing a little green to the ole' alma mater, there Lance.

After agents, NFL retirement plan contribution, fed & state taxes, and family there might not be a whole lot left. Still a young guy that needs to look out for his future before doing anything sizable with his green for mean green. But I'm sure RV has contacted him.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Lance should sign a contract that pays him what he's worth and then tell Jerrah that he wants an annual contribution in X amount of dollars to the Mean Green Club for life! Jerrah could thrown in $100K without thinking twice.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

After agents, NFL retirement plan contribution, fed & state taxes, and family there might not be a whole lot left. Still a young guy that needs to look out for his future before doing anything sizable with his green for mean green. But I'm sure RV has contacted him.

he would only pay minimal state taxes due to most of his games being in a nonstate tax state...still cash that's leaving, but not a huge deal...

Any time Lance mentions North Texas or wears North Texas gear is way more valuable to the program than his money. He gave the university a great deal in his 4 years here and shouldn't feel obligated to give financially just because he makes an NFL salary. If he wants to donate, that is great, but it isn't our place to say.

• Upvote 7

Any time Lance mentions North Texas or wears North Texas gear is way more valuable to the program than his money. He gave the university a great deal in his 4 years here and shouldn't feel obligated to give financially just because he makes an NFL salary. If he wants to donate, that is great, but it isn't our place to say.

This, also he is very valuable jut being around the program. Helps show current and future players that you can get there (NFL) from here.

This makes no sense. Why only NFL?

Would you want some arbitrary amount pulled from your yearly salary and sent to UNT?

No. You give what you want to give.

I think he meant a payment from the team, not the player.

So my employer should also send some money to UNT? Why only the NFL?

Because that school produced a more highly valued employee than you and that employer got their product developed for them at no charge.

Since the NFL treats college football as a de facto minor league I can see some logic there. It is an intriguing thought.

If a player demands an NFL team contribute 100k to his college team, the NFL team's contract offer to that player is going to be 100k less than it would have been without that demand.

It's business, folks, and businesses don't pay for an employee's recreation.

He was originally signed by the Cowboys out of college.

Yep, but the Raiders were at the Pro Day and that evaluation was what got him in at Oakland.

And this is a reason why he should involuntarily have a deduction in his paycheck sent to UNT?

Nope, Was responding to what I perceived to be a slap in regards to how Jamize was used during his time at NT. I don't personally believe a former player should be required to pay something back to his University but I would be fine with making the NFL team do so. Of course, that would never happen as that would be the NFL publicly admitting that College Football IS their Minor League system and yes, that would further increase the space between have and have nots.