Game 2 Complaint Thread

shaft

I drank 4 waters in the stadium during the game a few before and the heat did not really bother me in the stands. The breeze was welcome it could have been much worse.

You would think our AD would figure it out after what 14 years?

I was really bothered at the crowd leaving early. i know it was hot and the sun was beaming down. but you have to mature as a fan base and stay at any cost. it is not every game you can enjoy the Mean Green kicking some ace like that. was glad the students showed up but was was the deal with the home side crowd. thought we sold more season tickets this year? after watching the recorded game. our fan base looked really bad near the end of the game. we where still very loud on TV.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Thanks RV.

Wrong.

Blame CUSA and the TV partners, in this case, Fox.

I'm perhaps the biggest RV basher here, but I don't get how hard it is for people to understand that RV has no control over game times now that we're in CUSA.

Don't like it? Let's go back to the Sun Belt where we can play Georgia State and maybe get on ESPN3 if we're lucky and get no TV revenue out of it.

• Upvote 2

Don't like it? Let's go back to the Sun Belt where we can play Georgia State and maybe get on ESPN3 if we're lucky and get no TV revenue out of it.

The very same people who, during the Dodge years, would so glaringly point fingers at people for not coming out to watch the worst team in the country play recess at grade school football in a dilapidated stadium, sometimes in freezing rain, now don't come because the new schedule affects their own personal priorities.

There always has been, and there still is, so much finger pointing in this fanbase. Such a my way or the highway mentality.

I'll take the television revenue and enjoy the games on my own terms. I really don't care who does or does not show up, nor do I care why.

• Upvote 4

A fan-base is similar to growing a healthy tree, it takes years of winning to build strong roots. I would feel 10 years of winning. Last season we just broke 9 years of losing. Things could make attendance better fast like knocking off likes of Texas, but even then it takes a tradition of winning to have a strong long lasting fan-base.

I would have taken the sellout yesterday to the TV revenue, and that is not to say we could not have been televised at 6:00 or 7:00 that night.

I DVR'd the game and the reception is horrible. It has been flickering and pixalating the whole game. It's almost unwatchable.

Are you with a Satellite service lots of storms in the area especially to the west during game time.

I was really bothered at the crowd leaving early. i know it was hot and the sun was beaming down. but you have to mature as a fan base and stay at any cost. it is not every game you can enjoy the Mean Green kicking some ace like that. was glad the students showed up but was was the deal with the home side crowd. thought we sold more season tickets this year? after watching the recorded game. our fan base looked really bad near the end of the game. we where still very loud on TV.

Sorry, I had an 8 year old with me that was not feeling well due to the heat. Getting him to stay through the 3rd quarter was a monumental task. You have to consider your kids, when you have them.

• Upvote 3

Not much you can do about the weather, but I doubt the AD is powerless in sitting the game time. I also wonder how much good it does to complain about people who don't attend. Do you think there are many who read the boards that are going to be shamed into coming. Of course it is a lot more logical than what I have read on the Mustang board. I do not know how anyone that claims to be a SMU fan can put down anyone's attendance. I have seen some disappointing NT fan crowds at TCU and SMU, but nothing close to the poor following they had.

I guess my biggest complaint is on a day when I assume a bigger crowd was expected that there was a shortage of cold anything in the second half. Overall, it is a great day; when NT can dominate like they did Saturday.

The fact that anyone has a complaint after the Mean Green destroyed SMU the way they did is really funny!

It's a fool who doesn't look for improvement in any performance. I can assure you the coaching staff found plenty to work on. If we can expect near perfection out of 18-22 year old college students, I guess we can ask it of paid adults.

I agree with GrandGreen that the weather and start times are out of our control. All in all, even though I got one of the worst sunburns in my life, trouncing SMU was one the best Mean Green experiences I have ever had. The cameras even managed to capture me in the crowd when we went up 43-0:

XRSAELW.gif

Pure. Bliss.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

To build off of cerebus' comments, the AD has an abundant source of fan experience feedback on this board. It doesn't cost them anything to gather this information, except some time reading the board. Customer feedback information like this is usually gathered at additional cost. Some of this stuff is pretty easily remedied and the AD should really look at this as an opportunity.

• Upvote 1

To build off of cerebus' comments, the AD has an abundant source of fan experience feedback on this board. It doesn't cost them anything to gather this information, except some time reading the board. Customer feedback information like this is usually gathered at additional cost. Some of this stuff is pretty easily remedied and the AD should really look at this as an opportunity.

You really think RV misses a word on this forum.