Pony fans meltdown

Harry

I don't care what they think of us to be honest and you shouldn't either. That team and program could be the worst FBS team in the country, not joking! Really, who cares. Next time I'll think of them is same time next year at their place. Most likely it will be the same outcome, if not worse!

• Upvote 1

Rick Totally agree, how sad not to have any support 30 minutes away from home.

I am embarrassed by what I heard some of our students (appeared to be students would be better point out) say to some of the SMU fans though. Very ugly and cussed. I want to lecture them on showing some class.

One of the security personnel told me some students threw beer bottles at the SMU coaches and one of them struck June Jones. Funny & unfortunate....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Those die hard fans watched it on TV I suppose because outside of the band and 50 parents they couldn't have brought 40-50 others.

What a pathetic, excuse for a fanbase. Their players must feel like shit if that's all is gonna drive 35 minutes to see them play. Irving Nimitz High School brought more fans to Weatherford last night than that.

Rick

I thought their fan turnout was more embarrassing then their loss. Ex Band and support groups, they didn't have 200 people at the game.

• Upvote 1

They were all in their large mansions watching it on their big screen TVS....

no they weren't, this is the stupid crap they want you to think. Face it, some of our insecure fans put SMU alum on a pedestal more than they do. They are irrelevant, have been for a long time. They dont have money and don't make a lot of money, they just play like they do. Their grads are total dumbasses in the work place and are laughed at as much in the board room as they are on the football field. I have a Pony that reports to me at work, there is a reason I am his boss. smu SUX!!! Edited by GreenMachine
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Those die hard fans watched it on TV I suppose because outside of the band and 50 parents they couldn't have brought 40-50 others.

What a pathetic, excuse for a fanbase. Their players must feel like shit if that's all is gonna drive 35 minutes to see them play. Irving Nimitz High School brought more fans to Weatherford last night than that.

Rick

Took the words out of my mouth... Don't get me wrong, I hate SMU as much as George Dunham,. But I actually felt kinda sorry for their players when I saw the sh*tty turn-out by their fans. I saw several of the SMU fans come in the stadium, several were elderly. These people were shuffling slow as they walked, and have probably been SMU fans for years. Or maybe even grandparents... But still manage to drive for 45 minutes to support their team. I drive longer than work everyday. But it's just too far for Biff & Buffy.

Stay classy SMU...

• Upvote 2

Their fans were waiting for SMU's next game.... TEXAS A&M...... ..hahahaha... The betting line will have to be 60 (or more).

Those fans mentioned above are the same ones that have trashed us for years and have no respect for us ..... too bad .... payback for their constant disrespect is tough for them to stomach... also good luck recruiting after the last two scores ... and it likely will get worse with A&M and TCU that show up next on their schedule especially with their chin on the ground....... Except for the one game ending throw ..... their total score is 88 - 0 . ....Don't you know their players will be excited to go to practice this week..!!!....

I hope no-one threw bottles or was behaving poorly .... just let them wallow in their humbling loss .... that is bad enough for them and their ego. ( had not seen that before typing )

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

---Personally I think this is the end of them as a credible program.... Their attendance has been terrible and it will get worse after what happened the past two weeks and what is likely in the next two games.. A&M and TCU. Even our 5th string RB scored on them.... Most of Dallas area has little interest in them . Their travel costs in that conference will really eat at them as well.... leaving CUSA was the dumbest decision possible.

• Upvote 2

I really, really, really hope that didn't actually happen.

It looked like one was thrown at an SMU press guy. Don't know about June Jones. I didn't see the toss but I heard the "ooh" and then the guy go over to the officer on the sideline and complain about it.

It is absurd at the lack of credit they're giving us. Skladany had them outclassed all day.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 3

leaving CUSA was the dumbest decision possible.

Hey, it worked out great for us

------------

Absolutely agree .... that idiot decision allowed us to be admitted... which I doubt would have happened with them as a member ..... our being admitted hurt them even more....

"The ol Gray SMU Mare ain't what she used to be."... .... hahaha

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

One of the security personnel told me some students threw beer bottles at the SMU coaches and one of them struck June Jones. Funny & unfortunate....

No, that's not funny, and I hope it's not true. But if it is, I hope the student(s) who threw it is (are) criminally charged and expelled from school.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Upvote 2

It looked like one was thrown at an SMU press guy. Don't know about June Jones. I didn't see the toss but I heard the "ooh" and then the guy go over to the officer on the sideline and complain about it.

It is absurd at the lack of credit they're giving us. Skladany had them outclassed all day.

For Jones supposedly being an offensive genius, Skladany and his boys had SMU's offense more than locked down. They preyed on them all game. 5-6 turnovers isn't defensive play, that's not even aggressive defense, that's going from being on the defense to going on the attack. Which, frankly, that's how you should play defense anyway.

• Upvote 1

I guarantee if this game were at 6pm and not 11a, we would be close if not sold out. A LOT of my friends could not make it due to kids soccer games etc. So no need to complain. Today was a great day for the program. Enjoy it. See you all Thursday.

So true, live 5 hours away and could not drive up on Friday because of work and son's football game. Hope they don't plan these early games to often, but it is tempting to go Thursday to game.

No, that's not funny, and I hope it's not true. But if it is, I hope the student(s) who threw it is (are) criminally charged and expelled from school.

I hope it's not true as well. This sort of thing, if true, is a surefire way for alcohol sales at the stadium to be discontinued. By the looks of it, a fair amount of revenue was generated today through beer sales.

• Upvote 2