Has a starter been named at QB for SMU?

UNT90

I'm thinking we need to recruit 1 stud QB. I'm not sold that anybody on the current roster is going to take us to the next level.

There is nothing wrong with always recruiting a stud QB but I was soooo Impressed with Connor during the Spring Game. If I didnt know that he was a True Freshman, i would of thought that this kid was a JR/SR. His pocket pressence, play capabilities and his throws were great. He impressed me more than Nutty and Greer. If we give this kid time and let him develope for 2 years, I really think this kid can be great.

I hope the other two or even Dajon can step up because i would much rather have them Redshirt this kid so he can be a bright star by hise RS Sophmore year

I was really, really hoping we could redshirt Means. Seems like the staff is high on him, he did look very good in the spring game, but I've said this before. He's a year removed from completing just 49% of his passes and having 10 tds against 9 ints, against high school play. He does appear to have the tools, but he needs time to develop and get fully adjusted to the speed of the game. We saw what happens when a QB isn't ready for the speed of a D1 game, on Saturday.

That being said, if he's our best option then we need him on the field.

• Upvote 2

I was really, really hoping we could redshirt Means. Seems like the staff is high on him, he did look very good in the spring game, but I've said this before. He's a year removed from completing just 49% of his passes and having 10 tds against 9 ints, against high school play. He does appear to have the tools, but he needs time to develop and get fully adjusted to the speed of the game. We saw what happens when a QB isn't ready for the speed of a D1 game, on Saturday.

Several on this board, The Trollin' Lonnie Finch included, will tell you those are Hall of Fame numbers

• Upvote 6

The staff was also high on Dajon this time last year. I just want to know what has happened that changed that along the way. I would love to see him or Means get a shot but that's not likely to happen at all this year.

I would be shocked if Greer doesn't start this game, but McNulty will also see action. I think both will be on extremely short leashes as they should be.

The staff was also high on Dajon this time last year. I just want to know what has happened that changed that along the way. I would love to see him or Means get a shot but that's not likely to happen at all this year.

Perhaps, with time the coaching staff got to know Dajon... and it wasn't pretty. I don't know though. Just saying time and knowledge of someone can be a good thing or a bad thing.

• Upvote 1

I hope they don't make any official announcement. Tell the players, of course, but otherwise no one knows till someone trots out with the offense for the first series.

Yeah, all that closed practice stuff really worked great against the Whorns. They had no idea what we were doing at QB.....then, neither did we.

• Upvote 2

I'm waiting for research on how many qbs tried out for Deer Park HS football while Means was there.

When I inquired about means, and his numbers his senior season, I was told the coach was still very high on him and that he didnt have talent on his team...meanwhile a top 3 star qb on the other side of town was waiting for an offer and came to a unt camp...

That being said, means showed he can play in the spring game. He went against our first team defense too. Learned a lot in a short period of time. Burn the redshirt if these guys struggle against SMU.

• Upvote 2