Dan McCarney Radio Show - with Jub's SMU Rant

ADLER

LINK TO REPLAY OF SHOW

I have confimed that Rudy's Barbecue will be hosting the Dan McCarney Radio Show tonight 7:00.

Barbeque buffet is available for $7.99 (drink included) (no, beer is available but extra)

Get there early if you'd like to submit questions for the radio show and get the inside scoop on all the devious plans to beat SMU.

gallery_1660_166_131128.jpg

• Upvote 2

A couple of notes;

Totally took responsibility said he's watched the film 3 times. Our OLine who he loves and would go to war with got whipped. QB's played like crap. Inexcusable offensive performance and the turnovers were not North Texas football. Thought the defense played well but was exposed due to poor offense.

On DaJon he said he's not ready had missed practice and they keep coaching him and hope he will help him someday.

Said that was out best 5 Olinemen by a big margin and they were sticking with that.

George sort of took Mac to task saying that SMU was a big rival for North Texas fans, stating we have beat them the last two times at home.

Guests were Kenny Buyers and James Jones. Buyers said Skladany feels like this defense is further ahead than they were against Idaho. Buyers said they miss the leadership of guys like Trice but have some guys like Jpnes starting to step up.

This radio broadcast made me feel really good about Mac and the staff owning up to the I nexcusable performance. He is not sugarcoatjng anything he is calling it for what it was. That is what we needed and that is how you get better. No excuses! GMG

Is DW missing practice because of an injury or just missing practice? If he's just missing practice then he needs to go. I saw UNT players barely miss practice when they had deaths in their families. There's no days off in college football. You practice sick too. Anyone know what this kids problem is? I think he's talented but damn...

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Is DW missing practice because of an injury or just missing practice? If he's just missing practice then he needs to go. I saw UNT players barely miss practice when they had deaths in their families. There's no days off in college football. You practice sick too. Anyone know what this kids problem is? I think he's talented but damn...

Wasn't he about to become a father? If so, any insight to when? Could be related.

There were several blow-out games last year they could have given backup QBs more live reps to prepare for this season. Lay that on the coaches too.

I would like to see Connor Means get a shot in some real game action. He looked the best of the QB's in the spring game and his team even won! Can't do any worse than last week's participants!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wow. Did you guys know that Coach McCarney won a national championship at Florida? I love ya' coach, but dude. Can we go a day without that?

As for George, I don't think I've ever heard him spout off about SMU like that. He even related it back to the Ticket. That surprised me. Loved it.

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 3

So.. Is the game Saturday on national television?

George went on a fantastic rant. I think he did that bc he has been tired of hearing Macs talk about "it's not a rivalry." It kind of put Mac on the spot to climb aboard the hate SMU bandwagon. I thought they were playing a recording of a fan until George dropped the info about the ticket. Great stuff.

This is our 2014 Ball St game. Season changing game that could spring us into a successful year.

• Upvote 2

Most everything Mac does is calculated, this not a rivalry thing is meant to fire up the troops. Mac knows damn well that this is the one game that matters the most to the program. How can it not be a rivalry, I guess he wants to forget all those players that have committed to NT only to jump ship to SMU when they came in with a late offer.

The coaches know the importance of this game as do the SMU coaches.

• Upvote 4