New UNT Commit TJ Tauaalo - DT Keller

NT03

Oklahoma State Spring Football Notes

Tauaalo Visits Practice

Keller (Central), Texas defensive lineman T.J. Tauaalo and his family were guests at practice on Wednesday. The 6-2, 270-pound Tauaalo has recruiting interest from the likes of Baylor, Kansas State, SMU and UCLA.

He is one of the better players off that Central squad. Last season he had 58 tackles with 29 of those were unassisted. He also had four sacks and eight tackles for loss. Tauaalo caused three fumbles and recovered one. Tauaalo is, in my opinion, a vastly underrated prospect.

Read more: http://oklahomastate.scout.com/2/1282591.html

Out of nowhere. Did anyone else know we were recruiting him? Wonder why he doesn't have any other offers? Grades?

Welcome aboard Mr. Tauaalo.

I'm pretty sure he does have others, even if they're not listed. But I do think grades might have something to do with why he didn't have a bucketful of offers.

T.J. Tauaalo, a 6-2, 280-pound tackle from Keller Central with offers from Utah State and New Mexico

http://lubbockonline.com/sports-red-raiders-recruiting/2013-06-10/tech-coaches-kick-week-camps-around-state#.UuBE1vtMGmw

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

Can't help but wonder if Joe Kaho (#59) had any impact on this commit. He's the #59 who served in the armed forces and played his high school ball at Keller.

Finally, the Metroplex Samoan pipeline is open to UNT :thumbsup:

I really like this pick-up... very quick, knows how to play in the middle of the D-Line, and will put on some serious muscle at UNT.

Welcome TJ!

Excellent! We can finally have a UNT pre-game Haka!

I'm arranging a fellow colleague and Aussie UNT doctoral student's haka for drumline...

https://soundcloud.com/markusmusic-1/tena-koe-an-imaginary-haka-for

It will hopefully yield much cleaner playing than our amateur rendition above. When finished, I'm going to have Dr. Williams and Paul Rinnick have a look at it. Pending their approval, I'll approach McCarney and see what he thinks.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1