New UNT Commit TJ Tauaalo - DT Keller

NT03

His head coach is a Mean Green letterman and attends several home games a year. That had to help a little I would think?

Rick

Bart Helsley one of the greats from the Corky Nelson era. Probably the first great punter at NT. I believe he still has the NCAA record for longest punt.

• Upvote 1

Can't help but wonder if Joe Kaho (#59) had any impact on this commit. He's the #59 who served in the armed forces and played his high school ball at Keller.

I wondered the same thing, Kaho played at Keller Central also. Perhaps a family connection or maybe just coincidence. Glad to have both on the team!

• Upvote 1

His head coach is a Mean Green letterman and attends several home games a year. That had to help a little I would think?

Rick

Know him personally and his family. They lived just down the street from us several years ago when his kids were little. So proud of him! See him at NT games all the time.

Didn't the liberal Univ of Hawaii officials ban the pre-game Haka, saying it was too violent, or something like that? I always thought it was cool, part of their culture.

I was thinking more of the Samoan, Pacific Rim, All Inclusive, Hawaii thingy. I was in New Zealand last year but never laid eyes on a single "Haka-type" person. Maybe I was on the wrong Island.

• Upvote 1

I was thinking more of the Samoan, Pacific Rim, All Inclusive, Hawaii thingy. I was in New Zealand last year but never laid eyes on a single "Haka-type" person. Maybe I was on the wrong Island.

Maori (Natives of New Zealand) would be the people you are describing. Jake the Muss being the most famous of all Maori

It is their traditional War Dance that is the Haka. Of course there are other versions of it throughout the Pacific.