And the 2 weeks of UTSA Smack/Food talk continues

Harry

Stats-wise, our offenses are identical. Defense is similar (both give up substantial pass yards), but UNT does hold a distinct advantage in its Run D (about 40 ypg), in only giving up 120 ypg. That's impressive... especially since we think we have a pretty good run defense ourselves.

I trust Coach Coker and staff will develop the appropriate gameplan to yield a close win for his team.

The offensive stats for North Texas are deceiving as the defense and special teams have scored in multiple games. Had the unnecessary block-in-the-back penalty not occurred, ST would have had 4 points instead of just 7 against UTEP. The defense is also very aggressive and creates turnovers; lots of them. The team is in something like the top 5 for turnovers created, forced fumbles, and red-zone defense. Your team will likely be facing the toughest defense it has seen all year.

I'm going to try to do a stats breakdown later this week to see how UTSA does against teams with winning records, teams in the top half of the BCS, etc. I suspect it will reveal a lot about UTSA.

Edited by UNTFan23

wat

I don't know what is going on there. All I know is most of the roadrunners I have seen are either road kill or about to be especially along side I-35 and Apogee has an I-35 on both sides of it. Doesn't seem like a roadrunner has very good odds.

Hey - they've done something the other two college teams in San Antonio (Incarnate Word now and St. Mary's decades ago) could never accomplish - lose to a division 3 team. I'm impressed with their dedication and effort in achieving the impossible.

Students are great, too. They're not your usual Texas rejects - by the time they end up at UTSA, even Texas State has passed on them, and they can't afford to buy their way into Trinity, St. Mary's, Incarnate Word or Our Lady of the Lake.

San Antonio's a great place to visit, though. I look forward to going there next year, especially because it's suburban Austin location makes it useful for enjoying all that Austin and its suburbs have to offer.

I'm done now.

• Upvote 1

Stats-wise, our offenses are identical. Defense is similar (both give up substantial pass yards), but UNT does hold a distinct advantage in its Run D (about 40 ypg), in only giving up 120 ypg. That's impressive... especially since we think we have a pretty good run defense ourselves.

I trust Coach Coker and staff will develop the appropriate gameplan to yield a close win for his team.

Our stats may look similar, but look at the teams you've beaten vs. the teams we have. For pete's sake you just had your first victory over a team with a winning record. Ever.

I don't think I've ever seen a fanbase quite like UTSA's. There have been delusional fans popping up on here for a very long time. Then, there are these guys who are beyond certifiable and should be pittied. Yet we continue to address them like what they are claiming is of sound mind.

Please folks. Remember that old proverb about arguing with fools?

"Who's the fool? The Fool, or the fool who follows Him?"

- Obi-Wan Kenobi

Lulz.

When I want bad Mexican food, the first place I visit is San Antonio.

I always tell people that Dallas has far far superior Mexican and Tex/Mex food.

Let's be honest, San Antonio is a terrible city. I know three people from San Antonio. All hate it and hope we slaughter them.

Looking at it objectively, I actually don't mind SA for a weekend trip for a few days. I always give the city a hard time but when I go there I usually have a good time.

• Downvote 1

Opponents/results look about the same? Am I missing something here?

Well, NT has scored more points and allowed the same number of points against common opponents.

UTEP

UTSA - PF 32, PA 13

NT - PF 41, PA 7

Tulane

UTSA - PF 10, PA 7

NT - PF 21, PA 24

Rice

UTSA - PF 21, PA 27

NT - PF 28, PA 16

In total for common opponents:

UTSA - PF 63, PA 47

NT - PF 90, PA 47

North Texas has done a better job against the same opponents.

The Tulane game is an outlier in that it the fewest point you have given up all season. Over 10 games you have given up 29.3 points per game. North Texas has only given up 18.6 points per game over 10 games.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 1

Well, NT has scored more points and allowed the same number of points against common opponents.

UTEP

UTSA - PF 32, PA 13

NT - PF 41, PA 7

Tulane

UTSA - PF 10, PA 7

NT - PF 21, PA 24

Rice

UTSA - PF 21, PA 27

NT - PF 28, PA 16

In total for common opponents:

UTSA - PF 63, PA 47

NT - PF 90, PA 47

North Texas has done a better job against the same opponents.

The Tulane game is an outlier in that it the fewest point you have given up all season. Over 10 games you have given up 29.3 points per game. North Texas has only given up 18.6 points per game over 10 games.

Be careful with the numbers. Don't wanna hurt anybody....

mind_blown.gif

• Upvote 3

I graduated from UTSA and I have never felt the need to make a post before, but I recently moved up to the Metroplex and I have yet to find any decent Mexican food around here. Please point me in the right direction because I have never had food like this before. My fiance is from Nashville and she has not been thrilled with either. I would appreciate any pointers.

With that said, I think it should be a competitive game. While I hope my team wins, I believe that the UNT defense is good enough to force Soza into a few turnovers that will make the difference. I hope I am wrong though! May the best team win!

I live in Denton and do not eat much Mexican food in Dallas... So, I will leave that question to someone else. The game however should be a good one. I think you guys will come out swinging after the big win against Tulane. However, I just do not see you guys having the ability to stop our offense or special teams. Our offense is not best ever, but we have proved we can put up points. Plus, I am sure we will get at least one score from special teams. Good having you!