Bowl Projections - Week 3

bdan2002

http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls/projections

Brad Edwards -- UNT vs. Iowa -- Heart of Dallas Bowl

Mark Schlabach -- UNT vs. Virginia -- Military Bowl

Would be great to do a New Year's Bowl back in Texas or have a bowl right in my back yard in DC!!!! #Hit6

UNT vs. Iowa in big D?? "Are you kidding me!!" Would be fantastic!!

We just need to aiming for playing the best season we can and getting as many wins as we can. I'm not close to the point of worrying about "which bowl?"

Don't believe folks are really worried about which bowl, but it's nice to be discussed as a potential bowl participant. That hasn't happened in a while.

• Upvote 1

Have you seen our record over the past 8 seasons?

Let's #hit6 first.

Has the team ever been 2-1 after 3 games in the past 8 seasons? We will be favored to win or be competitive in most of the remaining games. Has it been that way in the last 8 seasons?

I understand not wanting to jump the gun, but after we beat Tulane and then come home to beat mid tenn, and go to 4-2, all you will hear is bowling talk. THIS team gives me a reason to be excited, therefore I will be unless they give me a reason not to.

• Upvote 1

Mizzou or Vandy? Two below average SEC teams? I'd rather play a scrimmage with TSU in the parking lot of Frenchy's.

What a poor representation of my school...you get blasted on coogfans, so maybe you have never been to either school. They may hate you even more over there.

If UH was ask to play in any bowl right now, the fans would take it in a heartbeat. You need attention young dude.

• Upvote 1

Getting to the Heart of Dallas Bowl to face Iowa would be amazing on so many levels. First bowl since '04, covered in excess by local media being that it's in Dallas, with a former Iowa State head coach taking on Iowa providing national media attention, against a Big Ten team that we would stand a good chance at beating.

Also being a New Year's Day bowl? This would be the single biggest game in decades.

Hell if we can make the trip I really don't care if it's DC or TX, I'm waiting to take the kids to their first game to make sure it's a UNT game. Any bowl that we could travel to would be freaking awesome. Oh yeah, and I guess you guys can come too.

Getting to the Heart of Dallas Bowl to face Iowa would be amazing on so many levels. First bowl since '04, covered in excess by local media being that it's in Dallas, with a former Iowa State head coach taking on Iowa providing national media attention, against a Big Ten team that we would stand a good chance at beating.

Also being a New Year's Day bowl? This would be the single biggest game in decades.

Great thing about this potential game is that Iowa would love it, too. They can get a New Years Bowl game in Texas, while playing a team on their schedule in a few years, and would give Hayden Fry a lot of love. Some AQ teams would absolutely avoid a bowl slot against a team like us in any way possible. But Iowa would probably love this game, considering all that it would be for them, too.

In an even more ironic twist, if we played Iowa in Dallas at the Cotton Bowl, it would be like us having 2 for 1 with them. A game at the Cotton Bowl with strong UNT attendance (when we have played in bowl games or in the NCAA Tournament, "fans" who couldn't even tell you how to get into Fouts or the Super Pit would magically show up in New Orleans) could be a nice tie-into getting a big OOC game in Dallas at some point down the road.

Mizzou or Vandy? Two below average SEC teams? I'd rather play a scrimmage with TSU in the parking lot of Frenchy's.

You know..I am beginning to think Cougar King is just one of the many personalities and pueudonames of Cerebus. Could be...

Edited by KRAM1