Padrons and SMoo

Cr1028

June arrives in Dallas and promptly releases a number of players from the scholarship.

It is announced June is going to Arizona State as their head coach.

It is announced that June is not going to Arizona State, but is staying at SMU.

A story is fabricated that June wanted to stay in Dallas to work on his inner-city ministry. (Google search for this ministry pulls up nothing)

A player reports to the media that June was recruiting him to $MU and telling him that he would take him to Arizona State.

$MU loses a number of recruits when his best recruiter, Klemm, leaves for UCLA.

$MU picks up two committments from players that had given us their verbal, yet decommitted and went to $MU.

Kyle Padron quits.

Sounds like a program and a coach I want to commit 4/5 years of my life. Good luck Rice and Walling.

Amen.

Wow! All of that experience...and, he's cut loose because of the UT transfer. Has June Jones seen Garrett Gilbert play? I'm not sure he's much better.

You figure he'd want Padron at least for experience sake. Padron's numbers weren't terrible:

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/kyle-padron-1.html

He went into the season with 41 TDs and 18 INTs. One bad game and June throws that all away?

Hey...have fun at SMU kiddies. This is apparently the treatment you get for past performance.

Padron has a redshirt year. How about this: he takes it here, then takes over in 2013 once Thompson graduates. He did fine against C-USA competition, I bet he'd do well in the Belt.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Wow! All of that experience...and, he's cut loose because of the UT transfer. Has June Jones seen Garrett Gilbert play? I'm not sure he's much better.

You figure he'd want Padron at least for experience sake. Padron's numbers weren't terrible:

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/kyle-padron-1.html

He went into the season with 41 TDs and 18 INTs. One bad game and June throws that all away?

Hey...have fun at SMU kiddies. This is apparently the treatment you get for past performance.

Padron has a redshirt year. How about this: he takes it here, then takes over in 2013 once Thompson graduates. He did fine against C-USA competition, I bet he'd do well in the Belt.

The article reads, or so I understood it, that Padron asked for his release because he knew he did not have a shot.

There's some noted animosity between June and Padron. It's been going on behind the scenes for a while now. And this move might have more to do with the prospect of Conner Preston (QB with potential who red shirted this past year) than it does with Gilbert. Who knows, but SMU got stacked (by mid-major standards) at QB recently. I don't blame Padron for wanting to get a chance elsewhere.

And for those not in the know (quite a few here judging by posts, but I don't expect you guys to be in on SMU football), Padron has been injured for the majority of the year. There's no doubt in my mind that he would have replaced JJ McDermott had he had the opportunity. Say what you want about SMU and our program, but Padron is talented and you guys should make a push for him.

Edited by Comet7745
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There's some noted animosity between June and Padron. It's been going on behind the scenes for a while now. And this move might have more to do with the prospect of Conner Preston (QB with potential who red shirted this past year) than it does with Gilbert. Who knows, but SMU got stacked (by mid-major standards) at QB recently. I don't blame Padron for wanting to get a chance elsewhere.

And for those not in the know (quite a few here judging by posts, but I don't expect you guys to be in on SMU football), Padron has been injured for the majority of the year. There's no doubt in my mind that he would have replaced JJ McDermott had he had the opportunity. Say what you want about SMU and our program, but Padron is talented and you guys should make a push for him.

You guys are getting players from us these days, not the other way around.

Edited by Texas Stranger
  • Upvote 2

I have nothing against SMU transfers if they're like Julian Herron. So, does he have 1 or 2 years of eligibility left?

(quite a few here judging by posts, but I don't expect you guys to be in on SMU football),

Careful. Sometimes I think some of our fans spend more time on the SMU board than on GMG.com.

Padron would be a good get for our program at a position of severe need. Too bad he didn't Gilbert it up and already have his undergrad so he could be immediately eligible.

• Upvote 1

I have seen this kid play alot, he is the exact opposite of what Chico wants in a QB. He holds the ball all day and makes poor decisions. From what I saw from DT last year, he is much better for this offense.