Denver (1/21/12)

CMJ

Great game tonight. Loved the intensity of the crowd. Can't wait for next week's nationally televised game.

I guess nationally televised means different things for different people. Unless ESPN is wrong, we will be "nationally televised" via ESPN 3.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Great game tonight. Loved the intensity of the crowd. Can't wait for next week's nationally televised game.

it was so great to see you and "dad" on your feet yelling while using your hands as megaphones simultaneously with coach jones tossing the jacket at coach leonard while all 3 of you yelled at the refs. Again, I give sincere props to the guys below me at the bottom of 106 for giving the stripes the business. I thought johnny was about to rip off the tie and incredible hulk the shirt in the 2nd half. Even RV was yelling his "expletive" off while standing in the student section tunnel with 5 minutes remaining.

this was easily the best game with the best ending i have seen in ages. both teams played their hearts out and i was amazed at the enthusiasm by the guys on the floor who played soooooo many minutes. Roger has proven himself to me repeatedly and i feel terrible for the fans at oklahoma state & missouri for missing out on this type of great entertainment.

this is not your parents tyler hall.

Edited by Maduro
  • Upvote 2

4900 in attendance (probably 3500 were students) got to see a great game, and I really think the first timers or people who aren't regulars will want to come back, that was an incredible game.

Who knows what this team can do? If you look at it on paper, it's easy to say this season's over, but maybe Tony Mitchell has finally found his groove and is reaching his potential. And maybe if he can put up 30/15 a night(I know, unrealistic) we can win the SBC this year. You can see how much better this team would be with both Jones and Williams in there, I just hope they'll be back next year, because next year we'll have a legit tournament team.

Some random game notes :

Very glad to see CJ & Jordan on the bench & cheering on their team. Jones mom & some family were there rooting as hard as they could as If he were in the court , I think that's a great sign

I'll actually miss seeing Denver. With all their Texas players , they bring a good crowd. I'd be all for a continued series with them after they leave the Belt

I think it helps that Patton will be sitting this out. He tweeted that his goal was to get on the deans list. Hopefully the other 2 players can grow their friendship & have someone to look up to over the summer

Great , great crowd. Special thanks to the local optometrist who bought all their patients tickets to the game. Someone please tell who it is ( I can't recall ). If u need an eye doc go to someone who supports UNT, I know next time I will.

I spoke with a. parent who came because their kid came on Wednesday & had a good time. Hope we carry on the DISD day tradition

Refs were awful yet again, maybe the worst I've seen all year. You know it's bad when you win & still complain how bad they are

Cheered so much there @ the end that it made me almost throw up when I got home

Tyler Hall might be our best player in getting the ball downlow to the man on the block

I think we if we are 100% healthy we still have enough talent to win it all in hot springs

• Upvote 1

we scored tickets on the floor behind the 'table seats' from work. I could not believe how huge Tony Mitchell is and that he's like 19. It was so loud at the end. What a great game and I'm proud that the team kept fighting.

It was amazing how good all the Denver guys are at shooting the 3's. It was also nice to see how well our team adjusted to that for the 2nd half. That's good coaching.

If Mr. Jones and Mr. Williams don't make their grades JJ will now be able to reload with big time talent. JJ will walk into a recruits home and ask "would you like to play with Mr. Mitchell" who's NBA talent isn't questioned. Not to mention the play of Mr. Franklin and the others on our team!!!

Kudos to Mr. Alzee (sp) Williams for playing alert basketball and being ready to put up Franklin's miss. Alzee's (sp)put back brings to mind NCAA championship game between Houston and NC State back in the day!!! :goodjob:

I am waiting for the chicken fling to come back!

And a larger half prize for a half court shot!

I remember many many years ago they were giving away $10,000 for a half court make and the second or third person to ever compete nailed the shot and that pretty much ended that one. They did not do a half court shot contest again... They switched it to a free throw shoot out.

We need more events! # point contest, lay up free throw 3 pointer half court contest... etc...

Wichita Falls use to have a CBA team , the Texans. Guys like Roy Tarlpley,John Lucas,David Wesley,etc.. Anyways, they had contest where a local dealership would give away a truck for a free throw line shot. Went on for a little over a year until someone finally nailed it. Never saw that contest again !!

NT03, I'm on my phone so I'm being lazy and not quoting you, but I also noticed that Hall was really going out of his way to get the ball into Tony's hands. I wish everyone else did that. When the ball is in his hands, good things tend to happen. He's a much better passer than his assist totals would have you believe. The only weakness in his game is picking up dumb fouls, and he's improved that a ton since his first game. I know we're down 2 awesome players for the rest of the season, but as long as 13 is still on the court, I wouldn't count this squad out.

Our RPI jumped 30-35 spots after that win. We're finally up under 200 (188). If we don't drop any bad games, I doubt we fall back down that far again. And if we can go 6-3 or 7-2... We'll be comfortably above the 150 rule barrier.

Denver only fell about 15 spots to 70.

NT03, I'm on my phone so I'm being lazy and not quoting you, but I also noticed that Hall was really going out of his way to get the ball into Tony's hands. I wish everyone else did that. When the ball is in his hands, good things tend to happen. He's a much better passer than his assist totals would have you believe. The only weakness in his game is picking up dumb fouls, and he's improved that a ton since his first game. I know we're down 2 awesome players for the rest of the season, but as long as 13 is still on the court, I wouldn't count this squad out.

You missed all the turnovers from guards trying to force the ball down to Tony and the resulting turnovers. Get it to Tony if he's truly open, not just if he's calling for it (and isn't really open).

You missed all the turnovers from guards trying to force the ball down to Tony and the resulting turnovers. Get it to Tony if he's truly open, not just if he's calling for it (and isn't really open).

The man can sky for the ball, if he is calling for it lob it in! He will bring it down just about every time and make a power house move.

A few of those Tony just lost the handle or their was a miscommunication. I think it's just a matter of getting use to new players & how/when they will try to pass.

• Upvote 1