Breaking news -- Chris Jones, Jordan Williams ineligible

Brett Vito

Disappointed is the word.

Williams was the ring leader who brought these guys to NT. Jones is the point, the leader off the team.

Getting a 1.8 isn't that tough. Especially when you have the resources that they have at their fingertips. Let's hope that they realize what hole they are in and can climb themselves out of it.

I mean...

but...

they..

the AD...

someone should've....

how...

I don't...

ugh....

Disappointed is the word.

Williams was the ring leader who brought these guys to NT. Jones is the point, the leader off the team.

Getting a 1.8 isn't that tough. Especially when you have the resources that they have at their fingertips. Let's hope that they realize what hole they are in and can climb themselves out of it.

I mean...

but...

they..

the AD...

someone should've....

how...

I don't...

ugh....

Let's hope neither are in a hole so deep that they can't get themselves out. Look at Patton. He needed more than one semester to get things right.

Just so terribly irresponsible of these guys...

• Upvote 2

A lot of it depends on whether they put in the work to get eligible and stick around. If they do, this won't be much of an issue. If they don't and they wash out of school... 2 out of 13 is a huge hit to the APR.

Does Patton not getting eligible after the 1st semester here figure into our APR at all? I really, really, really, hope not.

How hard is it for the Athletic Department to monitor two of our star basketball players, who are hand-fed classes and assigments...and they cant manage a 1.8 gpa??? Thats a D+ average....its the responsibility of the players also and i am ashamed by them right now....but someone in the AD has to be held responsible for the constant repeat of academic issues ( megee, patton and now jones and williams). On a good note...the guys who deserve to play are doing so, and will do well i believe. Im pretty steamed right now...but still and allways will support my university. I just wish someone would be held responsible.

This is a damn shame! Don't blame anyone but these two guys. Let the team down, coaches and fans. I have been more impressed with JJ graduating his players than any thing he has accomplished on the court or what recruit he may have brought in.

Delete the post if you like but Jordan spends more time on Twitter whinning about professors keeping the class the whole period; being boring etc. Why bother to even go to college? Having said that, I'm pleased that we are only talking about grades and a game of basketball rather than these guys being arrested or killed.

I just hope they grow the hell up! These guys can be replaced next year with guys on the market now.

I'm with you on this. The AD makes all kinds of resources available to all our athletes. Life is about priorities and people will make time for the things that are important to them. Also, these are Texas kids and they have been dealing with no pass, no play since 7th grade.

• Upvote 1

This is a damn shame! Don't blame anyone but these two guys. Let the team down, coaches and fans. I have been more impressed with JJ graduating his players than any thing he has accomplished on the court or what recruit he may have brought in.

Delete the post if you like but Jordan spends more time on Twitter whinning about professors keeping the class the whole period; being boring etc. Why bother to even go to college? Having said that, I'm pleased that we are only talking about grades and a game of basketball rather than these guys being arrested or killed.

I just hope they grow the hell up! These guys can be replaced next year with guys on the market now.

Nothing to delete here... I don't think it's defamatory.

their fault entirely...no one takes the classes or tests but them...damn shame, but those two failed our school.

and i like that our professors don't just give grades for athletes. they make them earn it, even if it hurts our team.

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 7

{b}I just hope they grow the hell up!{/b} These guys can be replaced next year with guys on the market now.

Maybe they are now realizing that you don't get a free ride through life because you can play basketball. I just wish some of these kids would stop and do the math and figure out how many people really make a living playing basketball versus the number that play D1 basketball. It might shock them into preparing to do something in case their dreams don't come true. Send Kenneth Lyons to talk some sense into these youngsters. He knows what it is like to earn a degree. You can blame the compliance people, tutors, AD staff, etc..., but it ultimately falls on the players to go to class and put in the time to make their grades and nobody else. Extremely disappointed.

• Upvote 3

Yup, both appear to have been deleted with in the last few hours. Hope this isn't a even worse sign....

It may have been at the direction of the Athletic Department. Some schools closely monitor social media to make sure what is said/done is kosher.