Breaking news -- Chris Jones, Jordan Williams ineligible

Brett Vito

again...idiots.

Glad to have such a perfect person on the board. I'm sure as a teenager you did everything right. I'm sure in your 1st semester you didn't have to worry about travel,practice & class. They made mistakes , but to call them "idiots" is classless

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

I'll call them idiots again, and, oh yeah...idiots. And you know nothing about the struggles I went through and burning the midnight oil every single day because my myriad responsibilities and still found ways to succeed. So don't even go there, whoever the heck you are thinking you know me.

Getting a mediocre GPA while having EVERYTHING paid for and having tutors at your disposal who WANT you to do well is MORE than enough to "pass" your classes. Don't give me that crappy excuse for two lazy guys in the classroom. If you are going to get a full scholarship from an institution to go STUDY while playing in a sports team, your first priority should be the classroom. Thousands of kids out there would kill to be in their situation and would work harder in the classroom and respect their institution. I am disgusted by this. It doesn't only hurt them, but the entire team and institution.

Wow, I hope the players don't read the board with fans like this...

The players did not live up to their responsibilities, let's leave it at that and hope they are able to succeed between this semester and the summer to get back on track...not only so they can play basketball, but so their eductation can provide them a better life. Much like you say the poster who responded to you doesn't know you, you don't know either of these guys either! Just because someone has a lot of tools at their disposal, doesn't necessarily mean the transition to college is smooth.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Spare with your lifetime special of a movie with your struggles. We all have them. I'm willing to bet you don't know either of the kids personally or if they have their own stuggles to deal with outside of the court /classroom

Does it piss me off ? Yes. Did they do idiotic things ? Of course.

At the end of the day these are both very , very young men. They bare the responsibilty of what they did. I put the blame squarely on their shoulders , but they didn't get any help it seems along the way. Coaches,advisors should have stepped in a lot sooner. They knew the problem a lot earlier seeing the reports they are given.

If it were me I would have sat them out games and told them to go the library. I would have held them out of practice and explained to them the consequences. Both have probably been given a bye on everything going thru high school and being stars. Hopefully the real world makes the lightbulb go off in their head now, but to call someone a idiot on a message is out of line IMO.

• Upvote 1

And fans like you have no regard for respecting an institution. You wonder why two buddies were the only ones with trouble passing their classes, but went to parties and adjusted well in that sense to the "college scene" and I do know that for a fact. If you are using state funding to get an education, be responsible enough to GET an education and leave the excuses aside. I do take it to heart because they have a greater responsibility to get their education in order, not just for their future, but for the institution's sake and tax payers who contribute to their scholarships, and donors...well, even more so the case in that respect. This is really ridiculous, I had enough of this nonsense talk.

Give me a break. I said they didn't live up to their responsibilities. What I take exception to is your name calling and holier than thou attitude. They are kids and kids make mistakes. Sure it's worse for us because of their high profile...but it's not like they are the only freshman who run into this situation. Sure they have better access to tutoring and academic advisors, but they also have way more time demands then a typical (ie non working student) has.

• Upvote 2

Like all of you, I too was upset both about Chris and Jordan failing and also angry at first at them. But, today we should all be able to look at this in the the positive. Here are some different angles on that.

1.) Positive for Chris and Jordan - they will learn from this and be better for it. They can learn from their mistake, just like many of us did, and make sure it doesn't happen again. They will not take things for granted and hopefully this will light a fire under them to get their degree. We should care not just about what these guys do on the court but for them as people.

2.) Positive for the team - Players like Brandon Walton, Trey Norris, and Forrest Robinson are having to step up. Actually, everyone is having to step up. For these players, they will all get better. When and if Jordan and Chris come back, our team will be that much stronger in 2012-13 season. WE'd have to be considered the preseason favorites to win the conference if both come back and even without Tony. With Tony, I think we have top 25 potential next year.

3.) For us as fans - Good opportunity to cheer on these kids a little harder both on and off the court. Puts things in a different perspective.

This is all beyond our control. For Chris and Jordan, their lives are just beginning . THey will learn and God has a beautiful plan for them.

Thank you.

• Upvote 3

Lifetime special of a movie....haha. And out of line, hmmm, good to know that

you are the one who measures "class" or what is acceptable or not say. How about

you write a book about it, yes?

Let's be honest here. We all have had somekind of struggles. I could spill all my beans here , but really people could care less or say they even had it rougher than me. Same with you , same with any other poster.

And you know they didn't get any help, huh? Nice to known you are part of the

team and know that for a fact.

Help as in nobody kicked their ass sooner. They got a lot of help , but they were probably cuddled while getting it

What they need is for this to severely humble them and realize the classroom comes first. If they want a fun time and glory in sports, then too bad they aren't yet getting drafted by the NBA, but this is not the place for

We agree

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 1

Aaaaaand after 13 pages, I think we're about done here.

Actions have consequences. Hopefully everyone learns from them and we're a complete team again going forward next season.

Thanks to everyone for keeping the frustration and criticism (for the most part) civil and above board.

Academic bomb

May it never drop again

This thread can die now.