I just don't think I do enough

emmitt01

I always thought I did a pretty good job of cheering and trying to get the alumni side of the stadium into the games. Over the last three days I've realized I need to step my game up. I'd like everyone to join me in the following improvements.

1)On key third downs let's do better than just being loud enough that the opposing team needs to call a timeout. WE NEED CUSSING!! I haven't decided between a long succession of f-bombs or just getting really "intimidating" and letting their punter know he's not gonna be needed much today.

2)The North Texas chant was/is a pretty good starting point. It has the potential to really bring the stadium together. But let's think big. Let's rush the field and do it from ON the sidelines!!! Since this will clearly make us look high schoolish I vote for mums for our dats as well.

3)Any school (as has been pointed out ad nauseum) can have drunk greeks standing outside. We're North Texas though and we need to think bigger. Let's bring couches INTO the stadium and pass out on them! Dotting the "I", Howard's rock and driving a flaming spear into the field are pretty decent traditions...a drunken slumber party, though, is a tradition that will put them ALL to shame.

Why not North Texas?

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 16

I always thought I did a pretty good job of cheering and trying to get the alumni side of the stadium into the games. Over the last three days I've realized I need to step my game up. I'd like everyone to join me in the following improvements.

1)On key third downs let's do better than just being loud enough that the opposing team needs to call a timeout. WE NEED CUSSING!! I haven't decided between a long succession of f-bombs or just getting really "intimidating" and letting their punter know he's not gonna be needed much today.

2)The North Texas chant was/is a pretty good starting point. It has the potential to really bring the stadium together. But let's think big. Let's rush the field and do it from ON the sidelines!!! Since this will clearly make us look high schoolish I vote for mums for our dats as well.

3)Any school (as has been pointed out ad nauseum) can have drunk greeks standing outside. We're North Texas though and we need to think bigger. Let's bring couches INTO the stadium and pass out on them! Dotting the "I", Howard's rock and driving a flaming spear into the field are pretty decent traditions...a drunken slumber party, though, is a tradition that will put them ALL to shame.

Why not North Texas?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Now this is some funny stuff. True, but funny!

Edited by GreenBat
  • Downvote 1

Why not North Texas?

Now you're thinking outside the box!

Being an old ex-sailor I'm partial to the f-bomb but I can see where intimidating a punter by saying he'll have the day off could also have merit. Maybe we could do both.

I think that we might also need to think about more stairs so that we could all rush the field. I saw some vaulting over the rail and I was almost concerned for their safety. Then again, maybe we could all stay off the field and act like we've won a game before. I do appreciate the school spirit but maybe the players could come to the stands since there are fewer of them.

I was really applauding your #3 solution until I got to thinking. They might resent coming inside since their attendance might be counted. I don't really mind the couches but I'm afraid that the smell of puke might run others off. So, unless they agree to be issued barf bags (and use them) we might be better off if they stayed outside.

I have noticed from where I sit that I can see the big KA sign on the hill...this means they can see our section from where they are drinking, etc. So how about a big sign for section 206 that says "Hey Greeks, drink another beer and forget about your team!" Or,"Hey Greeks, what ever you do, don't enter the stadium!"

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If none of that works, try some of these Olde Tyme cheers I learned from the old timers when I was at TU and the Golden Hurricane were in the midst of back-to-back 1-10 and 1-11 seasons:

Ooo-sa-sa-sah,

Ooo-sa-sa-sah!

Hit 'em in the head with a

big kielbasa!

Kick 'em in the left knee!

Kick 'em in the right knee!

Kick 'em in the wee-nie!

If we're going to go big, let's go big. Fan Death Match at half time, spiked clubs and morning stars to the first 10,000 fans. Bags to fill with urine to throw where you wish to all children under ten. Finally, we'll let lose a hungry bear and encourage fans to use their children as human shields.

NOW THAT'S A HOME FIELD!

• Upvote 1

If we're going to go big, let's go big. Fan Death Match at half time, spiked clubs and morning stars to the first 10,000 fans. Bags to fill with urine to throw where you wish to all children under ten. Finally, we'll let lose a hungry bear and encourage fans to use their children as human shields.

NOW THAT'S A HOME FIELD!

Wow, that's a great idea. It sure beats the hell out of yelling at a punter.

Let's find a Vegan from the opposing team's fans, bring 'em to mid-field and force them to eat a Big Mac! Now, THAT would be home field advantage UNT.....Or, if you don't like that one, we could rush the hill with the KA's just before game time, kidnap a KA and force them to sing "Glory Hallelujah" at mid-field during half-time. That'll do it.......HeHe!

• Downvote 2

Let's find a Vegan from the opposing team's fans, bring 'em to mid-field and force them to eat a Big Mac! Now, THAT would be home field advantage UNT.....Or, if you don't like that one, we could rush the hill with the KA's just before game time, kidnap a KA and force them to sing "Glory Hallelujah" at mid-field during half-time. That'll do it.......HeHe!

OR, we could just start a new tradition and (win or lose) set their sign on fire as we leave the stadium.

I don't know about Glory Hallelujah but I'm fairly sure you'd get a warm response to a half-time civil war re-enactment.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Glory Hallelujah???

KRAM, you've some good taste.

I have noticed from where I sit that I can see the big KA sign on the hill...this means they can see our section from where they are drinking, etc. So how about a big sign for section 206 that says "Hey Greeks, drink another beer and forget about your team!" Or,"Hey Greeks, what ever you do, don't enter the stadium!"

I would holler out a few "HELLSELLS!" bombs and say:

Hey Greeks! Just go ahead & transfer to UTA where on Game Day you would have the 50 yard line of their Maverick Stadium to yourselves to set up tent & letters but no one in the stands to notice you and your drunk-fest since they don't have a FREAKIN' football team for you to FREAKIN' ignore!

Too harsh you say? You can't lose what you don't have. :sword:

Good thread, E01, darn it, good thread!

GMG!!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

I don't know about Glory Hallelujah but I'm fairly sure you'd get a warm response to a half-time civil war re-enactment.

We could build replicas of the Monitor and Merrimack, flood the lower bowl, and have a naval battle!

• Upvote 1

NOW THAT'S A HOME FIELD!

Maybe a death row hanging at half time - the Half Time Hanging. Crowds love that stuff.