UNT-FIU Prediction Thread

cl_1_2008

This. Not trying to be negative but FIU is a good team. Are we there yet? Not sure. I hope I'm wrong.

come on...waaaay too rational a thought for a prediction thread.

fiu 31, unt 27... good game, but fiu pulls it out in the end. I HOPE I AM WRONG!

Maybe the mean green cool aid(aka beer) will make me believe differently at rudy's in Allen. I'll re-edit this post right before game time.

Edited by SHOSS

I don't have a clue as to the predicted score, and I am not even sure we win this game.

The thing I do know is that last time they played us, the time everyone keeps referencing when they kicked us around pretty bad and Dunbar couldn't find a hole to run through to save his soul, we had Chase Baine at QB

This is not a knock on Baine, but he is not a college QB. Especially not on that day when he was thrown to the wolves after receiveing not even close to what he needed in terms of reps throughout the fall and during practice to be prepared enough to be the starting QB. Once again, no one's fault...too many injuries dictated that.

Thompson...lacking experience and everything else will be much better suited to win this game. That fact alone puts us in a MUCH better situation to come out of this game with a win!

• Upvote 1

FIWho: 37

NT: 28

FIWho was the best team in the Sunbelt last season and they are at home. This will not be an easy task. Hilton is a beast and we will run more man coverage this year which may be dangerous if we can't get a good push up front and get some heat on the QB. Dunbar and Co. will be fine and I feel that we will be able to move the ball and score some points but I just think that we are not quite there yet. One thing for sure is that DanMac will have his team prepared and we will not be surprised or caught off guard by anything FIWho does.

Edited by Eagle-96

The line is FIU -14. I think this is based on little more than last year's performance. I'll go only so far as to say that UNT beats the spread because the defense has been, you know, hitting in practice and the special teams should be FAR less likely to put kick offs out of bounds and 10-yard field goals into the sidelines.

• Upvote 1

The line is FIU -14. I think this is based on little more than last year's performance. I'll go only so far as to say that UNT beats the spread because the defense has been, you know, hitting in practice and the special teams should be FAR less likely to put kick offs out of bounds and 10-yard field goals into the sidelines.

Surely special teams will be FAR better.

UNT 23

FIU 21