Answers for parking/tailgating

https://www.facebook.com/notes/mean-green-sports/frequently-asked-questions-about-the-new-football-season-game-day-and-tailgating/10150289187414324

This was posted a bit ago. It gives some insights what to expect come game-day. Some good information. I especially like the part where it states there will be multiple music stages.

• Upvote 1

Where is RV parking?

Mean Green Club members can purchase a season parking pass in the new stadium lot. Please contact the Mean Green Club at 940-369-7284. General public RV parking will be located in Fouts Field and be available for $60 per individual game.

Which new stadium lot?

And if general public RV parking over at Fouts is $60.00 per game, one can only imagine the new stadium lot cost.....wherever that is.

• Downvote 1

"Tailgating is not permitted while game is in progress."

I'm beginning to REALLY think the AD is listening. This staying outside all game stuff was truly pathetic.

I hate how many people tailgate during the game too, but I don't think you should force people to leave if they're not going to the game.

You stop people from tailgating during the game by putting a winning team on the field that everyone wants to see. Until that happens though let people tailgate how they want. They're still adding to the gameday experience even if they don't go in.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

I hate how many people tailgate during the game too, but I don't think you should force people to leave if they're not going to the game.

You stop people from tailgating during the game by putting a winning team on the field that everyone wants to see. Until that happens though let people tailgate how they want. They're still adding to the gameday experience even if they don't go in.

This is not intended as an indictment of the Greeks but it's noticeable that someone associated with the Greeks would take umbrage with being asked to stop sitting in the parking lot to actually support our team. Again, just an observation...though one colored with historical evidence.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Seems kind of like going to a wedding reception but skipping the wedding because you have an issue with the bride or groom.

• Upvote 1

I agree on this. The bigger programs have fans that come to tailgate even though they have no ticket to the sold out game. They add to the tailgatiing atmosphere.

I also don't see how this is going to be enforcable.

Where is RV parking?

Mean Green Club members can purchase a season parking pass in the new stadium lot. Please contact the Mean Green Club at 940-369-7284. General public RV parking will be located in Fouts Field and be available for $60 per individual game.

Which new stadium lot?

And if general public RV parking over at Fouts is $60.00 per game, one can only imagine the new stadium lot cost.....wherever that is.

RV parking will be in the Blue/Red lot (Victory Hall). MGC members may purchase a season parking pass for $400. There are no single game options at the new stadium...only at Fouts.

Another consideration is security. If you have a decent sized tailgate it probably doesn't hurt if one person volunteers to watch over the TV, grilling equipment etc so they don't get swiped.

We usually have a pretty good sized group. Although many of us go in to the game, usually a few choose not to and stay to guard the stuff. I really hope they don't enforce this. It would be nice to not have to tear the tailgate down just to set it back up for the postgame tailgate!

I agree on this. The bigger programs have fans that come to tailgate even though they have no ticket to the sold out game. They add to the tailgatiing atmosphere.

Agreed. You have to pay to park, right? If you want to sit in a parking lot and hear what you are missing, you should be able to. What are they going to do, make people leave if they don't go to the game?

Keith

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I also don't see how this is enforceable...and I hope doesn't end up getting enforced. Now if tailgating begins to become overcrowded (which we all hope for one day) I could see enforcing this, but currently I think all it will do is anger people. People who didnt purchase tickets in the past and instead tailgated in the parking lot will continue to do the same, especially now that ticket prices have gone up.

This is not intended as an indictment of the Greeks but it's noticeable that someone associated with the Greeks would take umbrage with being asked to stop sitting in the parking lot to actually support our team. Again, just an observation...though one colored with historical evidence.

Personally, I've gone to everygame I've tailgated for since I've been at UNT and I do hate when students don't go to the games, but I don't think they should be told to stop tailgating. I'm sure other places do this, but I haven't heard of any. Why go through all the hassle to make people, who spent a lot of money on food and drinks leave just because you're upset they don't go in?

• Upvote 1

RV parking will be in the Blue/Red lot (Victory Hall). MGC members may purchase a season parking pass for $400. There are no single game options at the new stadium...only at Fouts.

I was just on the phone this morning to the MGC coordinator who gave me the same information. I would like to know where in the Blue/Red (the newest parking area behind the regular Victory hall parking lot) parking area they want RV/trailers to park?

Also, it was conveyed to me that there is still some discussion going on about traffic flow going into the Blue/red parking area. The main road leading to the parking area is Walt Parker Drive. Right now all the flow comes in from Bonnie Brae from the North. With everyone turning left on Walt Parker.

People coming up 35W from Fort Worth could exit at the Ponder (2449) exit and turn right (east). The road name changes to "Vintage Blvd" and crosses Bonnie Brae. Take a left (north) on Bonnie Brae and follow it (going North) to Walt Parker Dr. and turn right on Walt Parker into the Red/Blue parking area.

However, right now, the officials are not sure that they will allow traffic to come in from that direction.

I was just on the phone this morning to the MGC coordinator who gave me the same information. I would like to know where in the Blue/Red (the newest parking area behind the regular Victory hall parking lot) parking area they want RV/trailers to park?

Also, it was conveyed to me that there is still some discussion going on about traffic flow going into the Blue/red parking area. The main road leading to the parking area is Walt Parker Drive. Right now all the flow comes in from Bonnie Brae from the North. With everyone turning left on Walt Parker.

People coming up 35W from Fort Worth could exit at the Ponder (2449) exit and turn right (east). The road name changes to "Vintage Blvd" and crosses Bonnie Brae. Take a left (north) on Bonnie Brae and follow it (going North) to Walt Parker Dr. and turn right on Walt Parker into the Red/Blue parking area.

However, right now, the officials are not sure that they will allow traffic to come in from that direction.

I'm peeved, for the first time during the entire new stadium process. The RV/Bus parking issue is not cool. There should be single game options for MGC club members, not just a $400 bend over.