The Biggest UNT Donation Ever!

UNTLifer

Well, aren't you high tone to be invited to this private reception and not being able to say more at this time about the Big Announcement!!!! ha ha.... I am looking forward to your text message picture from your Smartphone during the event!

You are just itching for me to give you a -1, aren't you? :startle: And, this coming from a person who gets to watch practice while the rest of us peons are denied access...really Green59, really!!!!! Talk about "high tone" and no where did I say "private reception". I will not be there alone or with a small group of "high tones". Just one in the crowd. Hmmmmmmmmmmm...about that call later this evening......

:lol:

• Upvote 3

You are just itching for me to give you a -1, aren't you? :startle: And, this coming from a person who gets to watch practice while the rest of us peons are denied access...really Green59, really!!!!! Talk about "high tone" and no where did I say "private reception". I will not be there alone or with a small group of "high tones". Just one in the crowd. Hmmmmmmmmmmm...about that call later this evening......

:lol:

I was just joking around with you! Have fun tonight! Like you have been saying for awhile, "Good Things are Happening at North Texas!"...and "WHY NOT NORTH TEXAS!"

• Upvote 3

I was just joking around with you! Have fun tonight! Like you have been saying for awhile, "Good Things are Happening at North Texas!"...and "WHY NOT NORTH TEXAS!"

OK, you get your +1 now. That's better!

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well, aren't you high tone to be invited to this private reception and not being able to say more at this time about the Big Announcement!!!! ha ha.... I am looking forward to your text message picture from your Smartphone during the event!

"-1" to you for not addressing him as Mr. KRAM1

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 1

You guys are funny...no, I do not have a smartphone...those who know me, know that I have a cell phone but NEVER turn it on and Never text! Will I get home after the event and even turn on the computer at home...chances are slim...BUT, maybe, just maybe if I remember I will do that for the Mean Green faithful that post here on GMG.Com. Might even take some notes.

I am not trying to be coy here, I am just honoring a request that I not "let the cat out of the bag" until the University and those responsible (and especially the donor) want it to be released. I made a promise in exchange for the info and I will keep that promise. Sorry. I have given you what I can and still honor that pledge.

Unlike Texas A&M, I honor my commitments! OK, just had to get that jab in at the Aggies...I guess that "honor code" thing is only for the current students and not the administration and board of regents...just sayin.....

Vee half vays to make u talk.

• Upvote 1

I can't wait to see how many ways this board will find to poo-poo this donation.

Shall we just round up the "usual suspects" now or wait for their ever delightful and positive prose regarding all that is UNT?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Shall we just round up the "usual suspects" now or wait for their ever delightful and positive prose regarding all that is UNT?

I'd rather wait...I too have a list of who I'm anticipating finding fault, but there is always one or two who will surprise you.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If a single penny of this goes to the music department I'm done with this university forever.

If that includes your forever ceasing to post on this board under any pseudo or real name I think that might just be a winner. Please tell me this is a promise and not just an idle threat. :jig:

OK, couldn't resist...just kiddin', but you left yourself wide open for the possibility.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

This donation pales in comparison to the amount of money UNT would receive if we still had the great darrel dickey as coach

I haven't heard much out of Brett Vito's mouth about this announcement, but I guess he's too busy writing about the fiasco

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Any info on this Charn feller???

In the early 90's when we were moving back to D1A for football we needed to average a certain amount of fans per game. A check arrived from Thailand for $10,000 with a request to purchase tickets and distribute them. That check was from Charn who was receiving the Alumni Magazine and became aware of the need. He indicated that he enjoyed football while at NT and wanted to help. Subsequently President Hurley became very interested in him and he hit him up for a contribution of $1,000,000 for academics. He was CEO of a what I believe was the largest chip manufacturer in Asia. Evidently after getting the million they dropped the ball and suddenly have reconnected.