Troy (1/15/11)

CMJ

Loss to SFA on the road and now Troy. This is a BAAD loss, but not because Troy played badly. It's because of who Troy has chosen to be this year. Troy shot the ball extremely well tonight. They played better than us and deserved to win.

What makes me mad is Troy's record. If they can play that well against us and WKU, they shouldn't have just 3 wins. They've been laying on their backs all season taking it from just about everyone they've faced. Utah state beat them by 40+. They've underwhelmed everyone this season, and decide to turn it on for conference. It's teams like them that really make this conference horrible to be in this year. But alas, it's no excuse to lose to them.

Now for the constructive criticism for our team:

- Too many turnovers

- Press came a little late in my opinion, it should have come after their 9 point run to start the 2nd half.

- We have to work on the breaking down good zones. A good zone will frustrate the hell out of any good offensive team if they don't figure it out.

- I thought we did a good job getting to the line and making our points there.

Loss to SFA on the road and now Troy. This is a BAAD loss, but not because Troy played badly. It's because of who Troy has chosen to be this year. Troy shot the ball extremely well tonight. They played better than us and deserved to win.

What makes me mad is Troy's record. If they can play that well against us and WKU, they shouldn't have just 3 wins. They've been laying on their backs all season taking it from just about everyone they've faced. Utah state beat them by 40+. They've underwhelmed everyone this season, and decide to turn it on for conference. It's teams like them that really make this conference horrible to be in this year. But alas, it's no excuse to lose to them.

- Too many turnovers

- Press came a little late in my opinion, it should have come after their 9 point run to start the 2nd half.

- We have to work on the breaking down good zones. A good zone will frustrate the hell out of any good offensive team if they don't figure it out.

**SHSU on road

In Troy's defense they had to replace pretty much their entire team. It was going to take time to work things out , but it looks like it's finally starting to form

**SHSU on road

In Troy's defense they had to replace pretty much their entire team. It was going to take time to work things out , but it looks like it's finally starting to form

Thanks for the correction.

Again, no knock on how Troy played. They looked good tonight. Just can't believe that team mailed it in for half the season.

- Too many turnovers

That was a big key to why we lost. Odufawa had 7 or 8 points missed IIRC. Thats the ball game right there.

That was a big key to why we lost. Odufawa had 7 or 8 points missed IIRC. Thats the ball game right there.

Odufuwa had a terrible night at the line. You can't expect him to hit them all, but half would have been nice. I don't think it's the reason we lost. We had no answer defensively and missed some key possessions jacking up 3s. If we had a better % from 3 it's a different game. It's as simple as that.

Edited by MeanMag

Odufuwa had a terrible night at the line. You can't expect him to hit them all, but half would have been nice. I don't think it's the reason we lost. We had no answer defensively and missed some key possessions jacking up 3s. If we had a better % from 3 it's a different game. It's as simple as that.

I think it had more to do with the 10 - 12 easy lay ups we gave up. We got so concerned with the outside shot that it opended up several uncontested shots inside the paint. If they hit every 3 so be it. Just take it on the chin because those nights sometimes happen and you lose no matter who you play , but never give up 20+ free points.

I think we still have a shot at a 14 seed, but I'm no expert. I may be being overly optimistic though.

Oh yeah...we have a shot at a 14 seed. Hell, if we won out we might even get better than that. At the moment though, I'm just wanting to win a road conference game. I'm not gonna stress out about NCAA seeding when we can't win on the road yet.

Edited by CMJ

Oh yeah...we have a shot at a 14 seed. Hell, if we won out we might even get better than that. At the moment though, I'm just wanting to win a road conference game. I'm not gonna stress out about NCAA seeding when we can't win on the road yet.

I'm more worried about us getting a seed PERIOD at this point. Other than our win against a mediocre LSU team, we just haven't been a good road team at all thus far. That better change soon if we want to play after Hot Springs.

• Upvote 1

I'm more worried about us getting a seed PERIOD at this point. Other than our win against a mediocre LSU team, we just haven't been a good road team at all thus far. That better change soon if we want to play after Hot Springs.

Didn't I imply that when I said I was worried about a road conference game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Another unacceptable loss. I don't understand our 13-2 record with wins against TT and LSU and then we fall to two very awful SBC teams?? Our conference record is 3-2 now and it will be tough to catch up to FAU and Dever at 6-0.

I just don't understand this.

Well if it helps , we started out 2 - 3 in conference both years that we wound up winning the tourney. That's the only thing that is giving me confidence right now