Which racists gave me -3? Shameful that these attitudes prevail in 2011.

To be fair, they could just dislike police officers. Or they could be Texas fans.

It's been a few weeks since anyone started pointing out without reason or relevance that you're a black guy. Don't just automatically assume racism.

Little known historical fact: James Earl Ray just didn't like moustaches on preachers. Like all devout Muslims, Ray believed that a full beard was appropriate. Race had nothing to do with it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Emmitt, I doubt that there are any racists on this board. If there were we couldn't be football fans.

Maybe you just received the minuses because you put it on the football forum and it didn't relate to football OR they don't get MLK Day off OR they thought that he should have gotten rid of Ralph Abernathy OR they didn't have a dream. Whatever the reason, you'll get them back.

• Upvote 2

He was a true warrior! When he organized those sit ins he showed so much heart and courage. Even after being jailed he bounced back and led his team. I wish him nothing but the best in heaven.

I got you back up to -3. MLK said that blacks and whites should hold hands and march proudly - and I know some really cute black girls, so I have historic precedence for holding their hands. I love this country.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I gave you a +1, but that only got you back up to -3 for the original post. Maybe the preference in forums is "pie for everyone". If there's ever a real D1 national championship system, I think it should be held every year in the afternoon of MLK day. After a look at productivity, all employers would make it a day off. Plus, I think MLK would favor a truly merit based college football championship.

MLK the man.....great guy. MLK the street in any major city in America = an area you best stay out of.

"What did MLK stand for? Nonviolence. What is MLK today? A street. I don't care where you are in America, if you're on MLK, there's some violence going down." - C Rock. One of the best stand up routines ever.

Emmitt, I gave you a +1 but Vince Young took it away.

Edited by EagleD