4 Teams You Would Like To Home & Home With

All About UNT

What teams could UNT realistically target for home and home games with? Obviously we can't get home and home with the K-State variety until this team turns the course and consider that our payout games will also have to take place. Games against Army...Navy...have always generated interest but can we do better?

My picks

1.) SMU (done)

2.) Houston

3.) South Florida (recruiting potential)

4.) Kansas (bottom of the conference team right now and recruiting potential in the state)

+1 for good measure.... Baylor just cause it is close by and great regional PR for us (and they travel well)

• Downvote 2

1) ANY Service Academy (Really enjoy these games. Just in recent memory, the Navy game a few years back was my favorite game at UNT. Also, the Army game this year (although we got destroyed) was my favorite road trip of all time)

2) SMU

3) TCU

4) Texas Tech

SMU

Houston

A Service Academy

Southern Miss

I chose SMU since we were limited to 4, but would be happy with either TCU or SMU. I prefer a Metroplex foe, playing in Houston for recruiting purposes, a service academy just because and a southern state school for recruiting exposure as well.

Edited by UNTLifer

Interesting many want to play SMU but few TCU. Leaving out the UT, OU, and like of the world, who in reality are not likely to ever play an away game against NT; I would go with local teams. TCU, SMU, Baylor, and Tech: all those would have relatively good fan support in Denton but hopefully they would have to scramble for tickets because of NT support will quickly outgrow the stadium capacity. Although it will never make financial sense for the big time programs to come to Denton, many teams do want to play in the metroplex for better access to the nations best recruiting area so there is a possibility for some good visiting teams.

I say screw the Big 12 Texas teams and OU/OSU. I want winnable games against the MWC/CUSA/MAC/former Big 12 North. Basically, I love what RV is already doing. Keep it up.

SMU

Iowa St

Air Force

Southern Miss

...and in reply to the post questioning why people are not wanting to play TCU: I doubt you'd find anyone at UNT that wouldn't want to play them...they just wouldn't want to play us. They've already said as much and this thread's subject asked for realistic choices. TCU is not realistic until they change their stance.

Edited by TIgreen01

I say screw the Big 12 Texas teams and OU/OSU. I want winnable games against the MWC/CUSA/MAC/former Big 12 North. Basically, I love what RV is already doing. Keep it up.

SMU

Iowa St

Air Force

Southern Miss

...and in reply to the post questioning why people are not wanting to play TCU: I doubt you'd find anyone at UNT that wouldn't want to play them...they just wouldn't want to play us. They've already said as much and this thread's subject asked for realistic choices. TCU is not realistic until they change their stance.

Right on....I am noticing some people going off the deep end with thinking that Iowa, Mizzou, Texas Tech and others would do a home and home

Iowa hasn't gone to a mid major since Northern Ill in 2007 and they are obviously a better name than what we CURRENTLY have.

Mizzou's last outing was 2005 against Ark St.

Tech's last was further than I want to look back (at least 2002)

Right on....I am noticing some people going off the deep end with thinking that Iowa, Mizzou, Texas Tech and others would do a home and home

Iowa hasn't gone to a mid major since Northern Ill in 2007 and they are obviously a better name than what we CURRENTLY have.

Mizzou's last outing was 2005 against Ark St.

Tech's last was further than I want to look back (at least 2002)

Texas Tech just wrapped up a home-and-home with Houston (2009 & 2010)

Edited by NThomas
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3