Tre Newton

shaft

Guest MeanGreenHomer

Don't understand why people feel the need to run down Todd Dodge now that he's gone, you got your wish, he is not here anymore, let it go. I mean the guy left the program with class, and wished the program the best. He's also been to the three games since he was let go, there is no need to continue running the guy down, get over yourself.

Edited by MeanGreenHomer
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

My whole thing about posts like this is why the hell people attack players just because they played for Dodge in high school??? I mean Newton had some pretty solid success at UT when he played...I am personally feeling sorry for the guy for not being able to play the game anymore. If this was one of our own, people would rightfully talking about how it is a crappy set of circumstance for a player to go through.

I agree that this is a pretty classless thread starter.

• Upvote 1

http://collegesports...tre-newton.html

I remember a certain Dodge apologist citing Tre Newton as a reason Dodge would be a good college coach.

You are kidding, right? This kid was a very good running back when he hit the UT campus...I do not blame him in the least for looking after his health. What did Dodge have to do with this???? I agree, with the previous posters who have indicated that you might want to "give it a rest".

NEWSFLASH: Dodge is gone.

I am really tired of the posts running down Dodge, Dickey, Simon, Sisco, etc.

These are just excuses, we have to start looking forward and performing NOW.

This is all just a result of the toxic atmosphere of discourse that started during the terrible political tenure of Elisha M Pease. If it weren't for his wrong-headed policies, we wouldn't be in this mess today.

...and don't forget to thank your local Unionist.

Agreed, and would like to note that this goes both ways. Stop beating dead horses, but also stop trying to resurrect them from the dead. Reanimation is not in the job description of anyone on this board.

This may be one of the strangest threads I've ever read here? We got over DD's firing pretty quickly, and he scorched enough earth to make the Romans envious? I'm for moving on and forgetting all the ugly days. Chico is 2-1 so far, and I'll bet he's just getting the Green Machine rolling. He's certainly experienced enough, and cares enough to be our HC if the Gods decide it should be so. He was also smart enough to marry a brilliant and hot blonde!... THAT gets him another year in my book...

(Oh, uh?..Carol, if you're reading this... you can kick me in the shin at the next home game. Thanks again for the shirt!)

GMG!!! ;)

• Upvote 2

Agreed, and would like to note that this goes both ways. Stop beating dead horses, but also stop trying to resurrect them from the dead. Reanimation is not in the job description of anyone on this board.

You and your merry band of young gun alums dont know anything about how good North Texas was when zombies roamed the sidelines. You use living coaches as your barometer for success...none of whom have ever been in the top 50 nationally. I know super secret, and important, donors who are coming back from the grave to tell Lane Rawlins stuff that he should surely be bothered with while trying to run a university. And I'm telling you, undead Chuck Neinas would not have been conjured up if we were gonna do business as usual.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is all just a result of the toxic atmosphere of discourse that started during the terrible political tenure of Elisha M Pease. If it weren't for his wrong-headed policies, we wouldn't be in this mess today.

...and don't forget to thank your local Unionist.

What do you expect from a man BORN IN CONNECTICUT?! 21mav6e.jpg

And small time thinking like this is exactly why we'll never get Zombie Landry here. :angry:

Look, even if we got enough money (is that what zombies are paid with?) scratched together to pay Zombie Landry, how in the world would we pay his assistants? Everyone knows that a zombie coach is no good unless the right zombie assistants are on board as well.

Oh, and too bad for Tre. Enjoy regular life as a fan like the rest of us dude!

Classless as usual Shaft! You got your reaction, now go away. He had concussions, and doesn't want to jeopardize his health any longer. Has nothing to do with anything Dodge did or didn't do.

My thoughts exactly. Concussions can do serious damage. I can't blame any football player who decides to quit the game because of them.

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/11/longhorn-rb-and-dallas-native-tre-newton.html

I remember a certain Dodge apologist citing Tre Newton as a reason Dodge would be a good college coach.

You have all the class of a 24hour XXX store, man.

So let me make sure this is nice and clear since you're riding the slowtrain today.

First - Dodge isn't coaching here. You're trying to cut down a tree that's already off to the paper mill. Smart. Second, after a long series of concussions, there's a risk for permanent brain damage, and for some, even death. Let's see you face down family and friends and say you wanna play college ball when there are good odds a hit at the wrong time and place can kill you. Finally, Newton's performed very well in his short career at UT. I don't see a failure on Dodge's part here, and therefore, your entire argument is both dead and was poorly assembled.

Great work, kid. You gonna tell us that Troy Aikman shouldn't have retired? That Steve Young should've gone for another 5 years in the NFL? That Muhammed Ali was a failed boxer due to his career not going longer and therefore, his coaches and trainers failed?

Edited by meangreendork
  • Upvote 1

I really don't think you can throw away history of these hires and how it is all affected us in present day. Look you may have a soft spot for Dodge and all but you can't just dissolve a 6-37 record in just 3 weeks.

Edit: And my opinion on this story...good for Tre. The game is getting more rough I don't think he just made a decision without any thought. He's probably a bright young kid and he made a great move. Good for him.

Edited by Green Mean
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2