Tt Attendance Projections

foutsrouts

I see nice weather and not too much conflict other than an 8:00 Tuesday night Stars game, so I hope the students really decide to show up in force and get their money's worth tomorrow night. Any promoting of the game going on around campus, and does anyone know how well tickets are selling? I'm going to guess that we get a couple of thousand plus non-student Mean Greeners to go along with a couple of thousand plus Red Raiders, so the students are really going to be the wildcard here. I'm going to optimistically project 7K.

3,000 Mean Green, 4,000 Tech fans.

Were you at the Okie State game a few years ago? It's an easier trip for them and the UNT fans outnumbered the OSU fans. I'm not sure how many will turn out. I was able to get the family 4 pack last Wednesday and the seats are in baseline reserve. That has me a little worried. Regardless UNT fans will outnumber Tech fans.

Were you at the Okie State game a few years ago? It's an easier trip for them and the UNT fans outnumbered the OSU fans. I'm not sure how many will turn out. I was able to get the family 4 pack last Wednesday and the seats are in baseline reserve. That has me a little worried. Regardless UNT fans will outnumber Tech fans.

Hope you're right. Stillwater may be an easier drive than Lubbyuk, but a pretty hefty percentage of Lubbyuk grads end up living around here. I think we'll whip 'em on the court, but we may need a huge student turnout to whip 'em in the stands. Huge game for the program. Especially when you consider where we have to play on Friday.

Hope you're right. Stillwater may be an easier drive than Lubbyuk, but a pretty hefty percentage of Lubbyuk grads end up living around here. I think we'll whip 'em on the court, but we may need a huge student turnout to whip 'em in the stands. Huge game for the program. Especially when you consider where we have to play on Friday.

There is a huge population of tech fans/grads in the dfw area, in fact this is where their highest percentage of students come from. There should be more tech fans than there were okst fans. I say add 500-750. I say 7500-8500.

Hope I'm wrong, but I really don't see more than 4500 or 5k at the max.

You're going to be wrong... At least 6,500 in attendance. OSU fans are more passionate about their basketball than Tech alum are but I predict that will be offset with the sheer number of alum in the area.

You're going to be wrong... At least 6,500 in attendance. OSU fans are more passionate about their basketball than Tech alum are but I predict that will be offset with the sheer number of alum in the area.

Wasn't there 4500 for the OSU game? I was there and remember seeing a lot of orange, still a lot of green too.

I hope you guys are right, but OSU was the most people I have seen in the pit and I don't see 7k showing up, that is a lot and will have people sitting up top.

Not trying to be a jerk... But questions like "What was the attendance for the ____ game?" don't need to be rhetorical.

Both the official site and ESPN, among many others, list that information for every game in recent history.

6,793. If we're under 7k tomorrow, I'll be surprised and disappointed.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Not trying to be a jerk... But questions like "What was the attendance for the ____ game?" don't need to be rhetorical.

Both the official site and ESPN, among many others, list that information for every game in recent history.

Some of these folk are pooped just having found their way out of the football forum, and you expect them to venture outside GMG.com?

Harsh

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

It was not a rhetorical question, I actually wanted to know the attendance.

Edited by Eastwood Eagle

I predict over 7,000 students to be at this game! I think the wild card is not the students it will be whether or not alumni/community can fill the $ seats. Students always show up for BIG GAMES! I bought 4 tickets for the premium section closest to visitor bench (near student section). I'm thinking I might just bust out the GREEN WIG and get rowdy. GO MEAN GREEN!!! BEAT TEXAS TECH!!!

Hope I'm wrong, but I really don't see more than 4500 or 5k at the max.

I do think you are wrong....I expect 7,000+ and a good to great student turnout. Should be great...see you there! GO MEAN GREEN!

It cracks me up to see people argue over projections and even give folks negative ratings because they didn't like their projection. People speak as if they know the "real" number and everyone else is fool for not agreeing... I just cannot get enough of this (rolling on floor laughing)...

My projection is: 7243

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2